Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
webby   05-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Hank Wagner Wrote:To anyone who might have been following this thread, a note of explanation, and a request.

After FPW announced the RJ Companion, it took some weeks to get registered to post on this site. Then, just as that happened, work on the upcoming (October 2008) PRINCE OF STORIES: THE MANY WORLDS OF NEIL GAIMAN got in the way. Then, my day job heated up, taking my attention away for a couple of weeks. Was off the grid so long, FPW wrote to see if everything was ok!!

Long story short, I'm back to Jack, and looking for input from fellow Jack fans. Case in point, the suggestions for titles some of you posted here, like YOU DON'T KNOW JACK, and THE RJ COMPENDIUM. So cool! Plus, some of the private communications I've received from some of you, thanks for your enthusiasm and support.

Anyway, anyone who wants to write me directly can reach me at HankW26159@aol.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Hank

:hello: Hi there, Hank! Welcome and thanks for the info.

As for title, I'm still liking this one:

THE COMPENDIUM OF JACK
The Repairman Jack Companion.

You've probably poked around the forum already, but that's the only suggestion I have for you at this point. In addition to the threads where story connections were discussed specifically, there are probably more connections mentioned in the threads about each particular book. No doubt there will be posts about all the cool connections we find in By the Sword once we get our grubby little mitts on it. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wapitikev   05-24-2008, 12:12 AM
webby Wrote::hello: Hi there, Hank! Welcome and thanks for the info.

As for title, I'm still liking this one:

THE COMPENDIUM OF JACK
The Repairman Jack Companion.

You've probably poked around the forum already, but that's the only suggestion I have for you at this point. In addition to the threads where story connections were discussed specifically, there are probably more connections mentioned in the threads about each particular book. No doubt there will be posts about all the cool connections we find in By the Sword once we get our grubby little mitts on it. Wink

I like The Compendium of Jack (as a play on The Compendium of Srem) far better than The Repairman Jack Compendium, as well, Webby.

Good suggestion, cuz.

Having said that, I suggested You Don't Know Jack! because it would be more accessible to the novice reader (that hasn't made it to Crisscross or Infernal yet) or to those who haven't yet read FPW's work at all (you know those 4 people out there that live in caves and communicate with the outside world via carrier pigeon).

With the YA novels being called Jack:... and with the films (eventually) popularizing Jack's name, using it in the title along with a common phrase just seemed to strike a chord with me.

Cheers,

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 05-24-2008, 12:15 AM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
webby   05-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:I like The Compendium of Jack (as a play on The Compendium of Srem) far better than The Repairman Jack Compendium, as well, Webby.

Good suggestion, cuz.

Having said that, I suggested You Don't Know Jack! because it would be more accessible to the novice reader (that hasn't made it to Crisscross or Infernal yet) or to those who haven't yet read FPW's work at all (you know those 4 people out there that live in caves and communicate with the outside world via carrier pigeon).

With the YA novels being called Jack:... and with the films (eventually) popularizing Jack's name, using it in the title along with a common phrase just seemed to strike a chord with me.

Cheers,

-Wapitikev

It's a good thought, cuz, but the problem with You Don't Know Jack! is a copyright issue with the computer game of the same name. Also possible confusion of people (those 4 you mentioned) who know the game but not "our" Jack. Otherwise, that might have been the title of the YA Jack series. :eek:

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wapitikev   05-24-2008, 06:14 PM
webby Wrote:It's a good thought, cuz, but the problem with You Don't Know Jack! is a copyright issue with the computer game of the same name. Also possible confusion of people (those 4 you mentioned) who know the game but not "our" Jack. Otherwise, that might have been the title of the YA Jack series. :eek:

[showing his age; badly] Thanks for the FYI on the computer game, cuz. I hadn't even heard of it before today...Just Wikisearched it...can't believe I've never heard of it before! They published editions for 8 years! They debuted the web-version last year!

Oh, well. So much for that idea. Apparently I've been living in a cave. Colour me embarrassed. Confusedquigglemouth:

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5