Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-21-2008, 04:03 PM
dejo Wrote:A Repairman Jack Companion, huh? I'm definitely interested!

But I also wonder how this will impact the RJ Wiki that I've been planning for so long to get going. If I'm really serious about it (obviously so far I haven't been, since my prototype hasn't even been worked on by me in quite a while), I need to dedicate myself to getting it up and running. Then, the RJ community can start to get involved and begin filling in much of the data.

The biggest hurdle I face is customizing the wiki engine enough to integrate my SPAMEL (SPoiler-Avoidance-MEchanism-utiLity) tool. I think this feature is so key because it allows users to enjoy the wiki without being exposed to information that they did not yet know about. Of course, they will be able to opt-in to a spoiler-laden view as well, if they choose to.

So, I either need to get the RJ Wiki restarted or this RJ Companion will have to satisfy my "look-up" needs for RJ data.

Go, cat, go!
XiaoYu   01-22-2008, 08:20 PM
dejo Wrote:A Repairman Jack Companion, huh? I'm definitely interested!

But I also wonder how this will impact the RJ Wiki that I've been planning for so long to get going. If I'm really serious about it (obviously so far I haven't been, since my prototype hasn't even been worked on by me in quite a while), I need to dedicate myself to getting it up and running. Then, the RJ community can start to get involved and begin filling in much of the data.

The biggest hurdle I face is customizing the wiki engine enough to integrate my SPAMEL (SPoiler-Avoidance-MEchanism-utiLity) tool. I think this feature is so key because it allows users to enjoy the wiki without being exposed to information that they did not yet know about. Of course, they will be able to opt-in to a spoiler-laden view as well, if they choose to.

So, I either need to get the RJ Wiki restarted or this RJ Companion will have to satisfy my "look-up" needs for RJ data.
Wow, that's dedication! SPAMEL sounds like a really tough job, since there's so much plot overlap between the books.

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
othium   02-03-2008, 05:46 PM
I am very excited to hear about this book!

Over the last several years I have been going back and re-reading all my RJ books, making notes and compiling them into my own personal, unofficial guide. I included pictures and cross-referenced links in a html format. So far, it is about 200 pages. Very geeky little side project, but I found it to be very fun.

Can't wait to read a "Real" guide though!!
Biggles   02-03-2008, 08:14 PM
othium Wrote:I am very excited to hear about this book!

Over the last several years I have been going back and re-reading all my RJ books, making notes and compiling them into my own personal, unofficial guide. I included pictures and cross-referenced links in a html format. So far, it is about 200 pages. Very geeky little side project, but I found it to be very fun.

Sounds like you should have published one! Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
palsunstar   02-04-2008, 02:58 PM
othium Wrote:I am very excited to hear about this book!

Sounds like it would be very fun to read...hint hint Wink

~Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.
cobalt   02-04-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm watching and waiting................

EWMAN
Wapitikev   04-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Blake Wrote:Or how about:

"I Do Know Jack! (And so can you!)"

Just kidding. Smile

Blake

Personally, I like the title below best...I read through the whole thread to see if anyone else came up with it...you were the closest, Blake.

[SIZE="6"]You don't know JACK![/SIZE]
Why else would you be buying this book?

[Cover Art]

[SIZE="5"]The Repairman Jack Companion[/SIZE]
by HANK WAGNER

Cheers, Blake.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 04-19-2008, 02:30 AM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Hank Wagner   05-22-2008, 07:17 PM
To anyone who might have been following this thread, a note of explanation, and a request.

After FPW announced the RJ Companion, it took some weeks to get registered to post on this site. Then, just as that happened, work on the upcoming (October 2008) PRINCE OF STORIES: THE MANY WORLDS OF NEIL GAIMAN got in the way. Then, my day job heated up, taking my attention away for a couple of weeks. Was off the grid so long, FPW wrote to see if everything was ok!!

Long story short, I'm back to Jack, and looking for input from fellow Jack fans. Case in point, the suggestions for titles some of you posted here, like YOU DON'T KNOW JACK, and THE RJ COMPENDIUM. So cool! Plus, some of the private communications I've received from some of you, thanks for your enthusiasm and support.

Anyway, anyone who wants to write me directly can reach me at HankW26159@aol.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Hank
Libby   05-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Hank Wagner Wrote:To anyone who might have been following this thread, a note of explanation, and a request.

After FPW announced the RJ Companion, it took some weeks to get registered to post on this site. Then, just as that happened, work on the upcoming (October 2008) PRINCE OF STORIES: THE MANY WORLDS OF NEIL GAIMAN got in the way. Then, my day job heated up, taking my attention away for a couple of weeks. Was off the grid so long, FPW wrote to see if everything was ok!!

Long story short, I'm back to Jack, and looking for input from fellow Jack fans. Case in point, the suggestions for titles some of you posted here, like YOU DON'T KNOW JACK, and THE RJ COMPENDIUM. So cool! Plus, some of the private communications I've received from some of you, thanks for your enthusiasm and support.

Anyway, anyone who wants to write me directly can reach me at HankW26159@aol.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Hank

Welcome to the board! I think you should read Secret Histories, because the past says much about the present. If you haven't all ready...Big Grin I can't wait for the guide, the more Jack the better!Smile

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Wapitikev   05-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Hank Wagner Wrote:To anyone who might have been following this thread, a note of explanation, and a request.

Best,

Hank

I (realizing that I don't have a hope of enforcing it) hereby release any copyright or claim on the title You Don't Know Jack or anything else that I typed in the post where I suggested that title. You may use it with my blessings.

It's great to hear from you Hank. I sympathize with schedules...I work 80%FTE and I still have trouble finding time to work on the Adeversary Cycle Wiki-project and have a (so-called) life.

Cheers, and good writing.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5