Pages (9):    1 5 6 7 8 9
Mick C.   06-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Dang, I hope I didn't kill this thread...I can't handle that kind of responsibility.

An additional clue: There were a lot of Iraqis in this film.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
bones weep tedium   06-25-2008, 04:05 AM
Mick C. Wrote:Dang, I hope I didn't kill this thread...I can't handle that kind of responsibility.

An additional clue: There were a lot of Iraqis in this film.

I'm struggling with this one.

....The Exorcist???

Can I buy an extra clue for 2 points??

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Mick C.   06-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Ding Ding Ding! You are correct, sir.

To explain, the great Irish actor Jack MacGowan, who played Squire Danaher's lackey ("Right you are, squire!) in John Ford's "The Quiet Man", played the director in "The Exorcist", who was killed by the demon Pazuzu inside the body of Regan. At the cocktail party thrown by Regan's mom in Georgetown, MacGowan's character makes a drunken comment about there being an "alien pubic hair" on his drink. Anita Hill, in her congressional testimony about future Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, claimed Thomas made the same statement to her as part of the sexual harassment she claimed. The supporters of both Thomas and Hill later cited "The Exorcist" as the source of the controversial comment.

So it's all simple, really.

Oh, and the opening scenes were filmed in Baghdad.

Whew.

Over to you, Bones Weep Tedium.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
bones weep tedium   06-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Mick C. Wrote:Ding Ding Ding! You are correct, sir.

To explain, the great Irish actor Jack MacGowan, who played Squire Danaher's lackey ("Right you are, squire!) in John Ford's "The Quiet Man", played the director in "The Exorcist", who was killed by the demon Pazuzu inside the body of Regan. At the cocktail party thrown by Regan's mom in Georgetown, MacGowan's character makes a drunken comment about there being an "alien pubic hair" on his drink. Anita Hill, in her congressional testimony about future Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, claimed Thomas made the same statement to her as part of the sexual harassment she claimed. The supporters of both Thomas and Hill later cited "The Exorcist" as the source of the controversial comment.

So it's all simple, really.

Oh, and the opening scenes were filmed in Baghdad.

Whew.

Over to you, Bones Weep Tedium.

My goodness, the machinations of your mind are fearful to behold!! :eek:

I was clasping at straws with the Iraq connection, I never would have figured out the rest Wink

This is a really weird game. Big Grin Here's an easy one to liven everyone back up a bit:

A timid raging bull is taught how to be a man by a psychotic ghostbuster.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
icarusflu   06-26-2008, 03:50 AM
I need to watch more movies if I am going to stay competative in this thread
Libby   06-26-2008, 12:28 PM
icarusflu Wrote:I need to watch more movies if I am going to stay competative in this thread

Me too.Big Grin

bones weep tedium Wrote:This is a really weird game. Big Grin Here's an easy one to liven everyone back up a bit:

A timid raging bull is taught how to be a man by a psychotic ghostbuster.

I am going to say Ghostbusters because I can.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
webby   06-26-2008, 12:36 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:A timid raging bull is taught how to be a man by a psychotic ghostbuster.

Mad Dog and Glory starring Robert DeNiro and Bill Murray

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages (9):    1 5 6 7 8 9