Pages (3):    1 2 3
Libby   05-18-2008, 12:43 AM
KRW Wrote:Apologies Jim. When you logged on, I just had to play a bit. And you know me well. Thank spell check for correcting me on 8th grade spelling.Wink

Um...we learned how to spell cologne in 7th grade, sorry. Not 8th.Big Grin

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
KRW   05-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Libby Wrote:Um...we learned how to spell cologne in 7th grade, sorry. Not 8th.Big Grin

Not in Oklahoma. Smelling good came in the 7th grade, Spelling good came in the 8th!
Libby   05-18-2008, 12:56 AM
KRW Wrote:Not in Oklahoma. Smelling good came in the 7th grade, Spelling good came in the 8th!

Smelling good!?!?!?!?!?! We smell like cow manuer and BO in our school. We are a hick school, after all, and proud of it!!!Big Grin

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
mad4tunes   05-18-2008, 02:24 AM
Libby Wrote:Um...we learned how to spell cologne in 7th grade, sorry. Not 8th.Big Grin

Gee...I must have gone to a progressive school...I learned how to spell Cologne as part of my world geography class...and then I had to learn how to spell it as Köln later on.

That was in fifth grade. In sixth grade, I had a teacher who was also my scoutmaster, and I learned firearms safety from him :thumbsup:!!

And I'll bet Abe could recommend a dentist for Jack.

By the way, I feel like an idjit...I've read the Repairman Jack novels several times, now...and just figured out the literary reference for Isher Sports Shop :eyeroll: ...
This post was last modified: 05-18-2008, 02:28 AM by mad4tunes.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Wapitikev   05-18-2008, 02:49 AM
mad4tunes Wrote:Gee...I must have gone to a progressive school...I learned how to spell Cologne as part of my world geography class...and then I had to learn how to spell it as Köln later on.

That was in fifth grade. In sixth grade, I had a teacher who was also my scoutmaster, and I learned firearms safety from him :thumbsup:!!

And I'll bet Abe could recommend a dentist for Jack.

By the way, I feel like an idjit...I've read the Repairman Jack novels several times, now...and just figured out the literary reference for Isher Sports Shop :eyeroll: ...

Never having read A.E. van Vogt, I was unaware that there was one...until you mentioned there was and I looked it up.

Interesting.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Pages (3):    1 2 3