Pages (3):    1 2 3
Marc   05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I got all excited then, but this is like the LOST episodes on ABC's website; unavailable outside the US. :mad:

Time to move to the US! Wink
jimbow8   05-25-2008, 01:21 AM
The first several episodes can be watched online HERE, including the pilot.

I had forgotten exactly how HEARTBREAKING the reactions of the characters were to news of Laura's death. Everyone from Deputy Andy to her parents to classmates and principal.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   05-25-2008, 01:26 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:The first several episodes can be watched online HERE, including the pilot.

I had forgotten exactly how HEARTBREAKING the reactions of the characters were to news of Laura's death. Everyone from Deputy Andy to her parents to classmates and principal.

Cooper gives a great speech later to Albert about how murder is not an isolated incident there. I still maintain that the pilot is the best thing Lynch has ever done.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
jimbow8   05-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Cooper gives a great speech later to Albert about how murder is not an isolated incident there. I still maintain that the pilot is the best thing Lynch has ever done.

Quite possibly. I'm also quite fond of the Dean Stockwell/Roy Orbison scene in Blue Velvet.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   05-25-2008, 01:39 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Quite possibly. I'm also quite fond of the Dean Stockwell/Roy Orbison scene in Blue Velvet.

I liked Blue Velvet plenty, but a couple of scenes with Hopper are so strange that it prevents me from fully endorsing it as great cinema. That has always been the thing with Lynch for me, everything he makes has moments of brilliance but too often he goes for the bizarre that take me out the mood. I felt like he walked the fine line for the only time in his career with the pilot(The Straight Story is also quite good). I think the fact that he was somewhat constricted by television was crucial to reining him in to produce his masterpiece.
This post was last modified: 05-25-2008, 01:42 AM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (3):    1 2 3