Aprilis   05-20-2008, 01:54 AM
I saw this on Saturday.

I read all of the books when I was a kid and Prince Caspian was my favorite. I think they did a good job.
but
They added in a whole sequence that wasnt in the book. Perhaps they couldnt get the story to work otherwise?
And I dont remember Caspian and Susan having a 'thing' in the book. And there wasnt such a rivalry between Peter and Caspian in the book. In the book Caspian knew they were fighting to make him king. Also in the book Caspian loved the animals and they ways of old Narnia. in the movie its as if he just learned of it and chose their side because the other side meant death.

but overall it was worth seeing in the theater. And I cant wait for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
SickThing   05-20-2008, 08:48 AM
We saw it and enjoyed it, too. As my 14-year-old daughter put it, "It could have been better, but it wasn't disappointing." I agreed.
mad4tunes   05-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Actually, I remember Susan and Caspian having a thing in the book...it was kind of like you see with two seventh-graders, but Susan was smart enough to know it would never work.

I loved the books, and was absolutely not disappointed in the movie. It's kind of sad that Peter and Susan won't be back, though.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Kenji   05-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Today, after the work I went to a theatre see Prince Caspian. Surprisingly the theatre was almost empty......

I enjoyed it, but I prefer first film, " The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". I liked Tilda Swinton as White Witch.

I've never read the books. Should I read them?
Aprilis   05-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Kenji Wrote:Today, after the work I went to a theatre see Prince Caspian. Surprisingly the theatre was almost empty......

I enjoyed it, but I prefer first film, " The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". I liked Tilda Swinton as White Witch.

I've never read the books. Should I read them?

The book is always better than the movie Smile unless it is word for word the same as the move (example is the first Harry Potter movie and book were exactly the same)

I have read all except 'the lion the witch and the wardrobe' which i never read because I saw the animated movie a long time ago.

I heard that reviews for Price Caspian all say that the first one was better. And I just listened to CASPIAN on cd and it wasnt as great as I remembered it. I think the next one has a better story so will probably make a better movie

I think though if you are going to see the movie it is always better to see the movie and then read the book.
Smile

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Maggers   05-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I really enjoyed "Prince Caspian." Great thumping good fun. I don't know the books beyond "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe,'" so I took the story at face value. It is what it is, a fanciful tale with some wonderful truths at its heart. Susan, however, had a nearly endless supply of her red feathered arrows. Her quiver was never empty, no matter how many arrows she shot. I guess that's just magic. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

saynomore   05-24-2008, 09:37 PM
I enjoyed Prince Caspian more than TWWL. The competitive tension between Caspian and Peter played out well. However, ever since Star Wars, every adventure movie seems to have a cute little character(s) who speaks in cute phrases that don't seem to fit the era of the movie. Remember that awful little robot in The Black Hole? Well, meet the cute little mouse in PC, who may remind a few people of Puss 'n Boots from Shrek. Ay caramba.

AC
Aprilis   05-25-2008, 03:42 PM
saynomore Wrote:I enjoyed Prince Caspian more than TWWL. The competitive tension between Caspian and Peter played out well. However, ever since Star Wars, every adventure movie seems to have a cute little character(s) who speaks in cute phrases that don't seem to fit the era of the movie. Remember that awful little robot in The Black Hole? Well, meet the cute little mouse in PC, who may remind a few people of Puss 'n Boots from Shrek. Ay caramba.

AC

I believe the mouse has a large role in the book. So its not like they invented a new character to be cute, they already had one.
Smile

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Libby   05-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Aprilis Wrote:I believe the mouse has a large role in the book. So its not like they invented a new character to be cute, they already had one.
Smile

Wasn't that mouse in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, too? Loved him, he was so neat.Big Grin

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.