Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Marc   05-03-2008, 08:01 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:"It is happening AGAIN!" It will happen again too. The events in the Black Lodge some twenty some years before laid the groundwork to revive the series a few years from now.

You're referring to Laura in the Black Lodge when she says, "I'll see you again in 25 years." The show aired in 1990 so 25 years would be 2015. There has been speculation over the years that a new series or movie would be done at that time but it doesn't sound like Lynch is all that interested in revisiting the series.
RichE   05-03-2008, 09:24 AM
"FIRE WALKS WITH ME" actually follows the series as there is dialoug that explains the plot is jumping forward and backward in time. I understand that the film is also much much longer in the original cut with most of the tv cast in it.
jimbow8   05-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh, and the soundtrack is really good, too. I also bought a Julee Cruise (she was the singer in the ...truckstop/diner?) CD which is ...... OK. It has a few good songs.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   05-04-2008, 03:04 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Oh, and the soundtrack is really good, too. I also bought a Julee Cruise (she was the singer in the ...truckstop/diner?) CD which is ...... OK. It has a few good songs.

Right you are. I need to get that again, we wore our cassette of it out.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Scott Miller   05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I heard that the series had some troubles cretively towards the end, with David Lynch having less and less to do with the show after a while. Is this true?

Finished up the special features this morning and it goes into great detail about the fate of the show. Certainly the fact that both creators, Lynch and Mark Frost, got involved in movie projects hurt. Lynch made Wild At Heart and Frost the criminally underrated Storyville. But according to nearly everyone involved with the show, the biggest blow came when they were forced to reveal Laura's killer and they didn't really have anything to replace that core mystery with so it sort of lost its way for a few episodes. The end of the final season, despite my misgivings about The Black Lodge, actually kind of recaptured the initial magic but by then the show was done for and we are left with a myriad of cliffhangers.

On a side note, I highly recommend reading Frost's two books with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle as the protagonist: The List of 7 & The 6 Messiahs.
This post was last modified: 05-07-2008, 03:32 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
NickelobLight   05-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Never watched it when it came out, (I was like 9 or 10 years old!). Want to watch it now. I've heard it's interesting and creative. Is it worth the investment of buying the box set?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken

Let not thy will roar when thy power can but whisper. -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654-1734), Gnomologia, 1732

[Image: dfb17bf94b00b1e2eb_5.jpg] [Image: s_logo_tampa.gif]
jimbow8   05-14-2008, 10:17 PM
NickelobLight Wrote:Never watched it when it came out, (I was like 9 or 10 years old!). Want to watch it now. I've heard it's interesting and creative. Is it worth the investment of buying the box set?

Well, at $99 it's relatively inexpensive for an entire series, but it is only 2 seasons. I'd say that it's worth it, but ....... I haven't bought it yet myself (but I will). If you're unsure, maybe rent the first couple of discs and see what you think.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   05-14-2008, 11:15 PM
NickelobLight Wrote:Never watched it when it came out, (I was like 9 or 10 years old!). Want to watch it now. I've heard it's interesting and creative. Is it worth the investment of buying the box set?

If you've never seen it rent it first. You may really dig the first season but hate the second. Or maybe not like how it ends and be pissed you spent $90 on something you'll never watch again.
Marc   05-20-2008, 11:14 AM
I just saw CBS has posted all the episodes from "Twin Peaks" on their site at http://www.cbs.com/classics/twin_peaks/index.php For anyone wanting to check out the show you can't beat a free showing.
bones weep tedium   05-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Marc B. Wrote:I just saw CBS has posted all the episodes from "Twin Peaks" on their site at http://www.cbs.com/classics/twin_peaks/index.php For anyone wanting to check out the show you can't beat a free showing.

I got all excited then, but this is like the LOST episodes on ABC's website; unavailable outside the US. :mad:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Pages (3):    1 2 3