fpw   04-29-2008, 09:58 PM
[SIZE="3"]This popped up on You Tube. For those of you who haven't seen it, here was the ending of (I presume) Mann's original cut. It was also the ending shown on ABC's Movie of the Week. This one is more in line with the way the novel ended (though not so painfully drawn out).[/SIZE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoHldOn-i...re=related
This post was last modified: 04-30-2008, 08:59 AM by fpw.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   04-29-2008, 10:12 PM
I know....I know.....I'm weird! I do love this movie. I may be one of the few, but it's all about discovery for me. I saw the movie and wanted more. The rest is a tale I've told before.

EWMAN
jimbow8   04-29-2008, 11:47 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I know....I know.....I'm weird! I do love this movie. I may be one of the few, but it's all about discovery for me. I saw the movie and wanted more. The rest is a tale I've told before.

Ditto. I still remember see the name of this guy: F. Paul Wilson. Hmmm .... I should read the book...... etc.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Libby   04-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Please don't tell me this was the better ending. It was awful!! Maybe the people who liked the movie saw the brillience behind the story, not the movie. Maybe I am used to more realistic special effect. Whatever it was, I did NOT like what I just saw.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
RichE   05-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I saw this on Philly 57 awhile back. Also another cut scene was Alberta Watson being caught while going through Scott Glenn's things.
Too bad the laserdisc didn't have these scenes.