Barry Lee Dejasu   04-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Mark your calendars, girls and boys, fans of Alex Proyas' cult classic Dark City: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT is coming your way on July 29th for just $19.97!
[Image: darkcitydcr1artworkpic.jpg]
Artwork from DVD Active

*I'll* certainly be buying. I love this movie, and this director's cut is supposed to be very good (not to mention it HAS been a full year and a half since I first heard they were coming up with this). I'm excited; are you?

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Kenji   04-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:
Mark your calendars, girls and boys, fans of Alex Proyas' cult classic Dark City: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT is coming your way on July 29th for just $19.97!
[Image: darkcitydcr1artworkpic.jpg]
Artwork from DVD Active

*I'll* certainly be buying. I love this movie, and this director's cut is supposed to be very good (not to mention it HAS been a full year and a half since I first heard they were coming up with this). I'm excited; are you?

I like Dark City,too! That visual were great! I wish that Direcor's Cut released in Japan,too. Smile
Marc   04-29-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm right there with you Barry. I love Dark City and am very excited to see the director's cut is finally being released. I just hope one of the changes is the God awful opening narration.
tenebroust   04-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I'm right there with you Barry. I love Dark City and am very excited to see the director's cut is finally being released. I just hope one of the changes is the God awful opening narration.

This is one of my favorite movies. I've watched it several times. And as for the opening narration I kind of liked it.

Make copies for yourself YOU HANGMAN ROPE GANGSTER SCUM-ON-TOP! Laugh your MAD GIGGLE NOW!
Francis E. Dec Esquire
Visit the Official Francis E. Dec fan club at http://www.bentoandstarchky.com

For the politically active you might like my website at:
http://www.platformforthefuture.com/main
Barry Lee Dejasu   04-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Marc B. Wrote:I'm right there with you Barry. I love Dark City and am very excited to see the director's cut is finally being released. I just hope one of the changes is the God awful opening narration.

I'm pretty sure it won't be there, actually - I remember reading Roger Ebert's review of the original director's cut. The special effects for the Strangers' actual "bodies" were also more practical, less CGI, and I think there were a few other differences.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
bones weep tedium   04-30-2008, 09:55 AM
I hadnt heard that this was on the way --- I hope it's available in the UK too! Dark City is a really good film, much underappreciated methinks.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."