Pages (22):    1 13 14 15 16 17 22   
Maggers   05-21-2008, 10:30 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Someone asked a question about antipodal coordinates for the 5/19/08 podcast. Big Grin Of course, they gave a vaguely ambiguous answer.

Another interesting questioner theorized that maybe Abbadon is working for a third party, not Ben or Widmore. They didn't exactly deny it.

I've always thought that Ben might be working for the Government, exactly which Government I'm not sure, but I'd say the US, simply because he has access to so much information on so many things. Who/what else has such vast connections that could supply him with data so quickly? Of course, that's probably too reasonable an answer.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

metllicamilitia   05-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Well then, after missing about 3 episodes in a row and getting caught back up. Argh! All the questions now. Where is Jacob? I want to know about Jacob and I was ready to see him, then it was Jack and Claire's dad, and Claire. Now I wonder if Claire is dead, that she followed her dad into death and that's why Aaron was left behind. I was waiting for the boat to blow too, but Sun and Aaron were on the boat too, so...I don't know if it'll with them on it, or maybe Jin sets them off in the raft and then it blows, killing Jin. After all this time of everyone hating Ben, it seems there are trusting him more and more. Believing him more. Either Ben is right or he's just real good at manipulation. We know he is good at it, but that good, I don't know. And now we know that Jack finds out Claire was his sister and the look on his face after her mother left. Good episodes, can't wait for Thursday for the last one for this season.

"And the rain will kill us all, we throw ourselves against the wall, but no else can see, the preservation of the martyr in me" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"I, am a worm before I am a man, I, was a creature before I could stand, I, will remember before I forget, before I forget this" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"Dead visions in your name, dead fingers in my veins, dead memories in my heart" - Corey Taylor
Aprilis   05-28-2008, 12:47 AM
I am re-watching season 3.
I have to have motivation to stay on the treadmill.

So in the episode where Ecko dies the black smoke is coming up from behind and Locke and his party arrives. Then Locke asks Ecko what did he see? Ecko doesnt answer that question. Then Locke says I saw a white light.

so if Locke saw white light why did he ask Ben what the black smoke was? Unless he saw white light when he looked into the black smoke. If that is the case then he was asking ecko what did he see in the black smoke.

At any rate its something I missed the first time.

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Maggers   05-28-2008, 01:28 AM
Aprilis Wrote:I am re-watching season 3.
I have to have motivation to stay on the treadmill.

So in the episode where Ecko dies the black smoke is coming up from behind and Locke and his party arrives. Then Locke asks Ecko what did he see? Ecko doesnt answer that question. Then Locke says I saw a white light.

so if Locke saw white light why did he ask Ben what the black smoke was? Unless he saw white light when he looked into the black smoke. If that is the case then he was asking ecko what did he see in the black smoke.

At any rate its something I missed the first time.

Locke has said a couple of things about the black smoke. (1) He said what you stated above, i.e., that he saw a white light. (2) He said a couple of times something like he looked into the eye of the Island and it was beautiful. Eko never said what he saw, just that he didn't see what Locke had seen.

While Locke has seen variously a white light or something beautiful in the black smoke, remember that he was also chased and caught by the black smoke which then dragged him by the ankle into a hole. Jack and Kate grabbed him, held him and pulled him out while they threw dynamite in to the hole which seemed to chase the smoke away. After it was over, Locke told Jack and Kate that he thought that he was not in danger, in spite of his screaming like a little girl while being dragged through the forest and into the hole.

Locke also saw the after effects of what the black smoke did to Eko, though he didn't witness it.

All of this is to say that Locke has had a variety of experiences with the black smoke. And he, like the rest of us, still doesn't understand it, still doesn't know what it is, still sees it as a great mystery of the Island, and still wants Ben to tell him what he knows about the black smoke. The latter hasn't happened yet, at least Ben hasn't been truthful about what he knows of the black smoke.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Aprilis   05-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Maggers Wrote:Locke has said a couple of things about the black smoke. (1) He said what you stated above, i.e., that he saw a white light. (2) He said a couple of times something like he looked into the eye of the Island and it was beautiful. Eko never said what he saw, just that he didn't see what Locke had seen.

While Locke has seen variously a white light or something beautiful in the black smoke, remember that he was also chased and caught by the black smoke which then dragged him by the ankle into a hole. Jack and Kate grabbed him, held him and pulled him out while they threw dynamite in to the hole which seemed to chase the smoke away. After it was over, Locke told Jack and Kate that he thought that he was not in danger, in spite of his screaming like a little girl while being dragged through the forest and into the hole.

Locke also saw the after effects of what the black smoke did to Eko, though he didn't witness it.

All of this is to say that Locke has had a variety of experiences with the black smoke. And he, like the rest of us, still doesn't understand it, still doesn't know what it is, still sees it as a great mystery of the Island, and still wants Ben to tell him what he knows about the black smoke. The latter hasn't happened yet, at least Ben hasn't been truthful about what he knows of the black smoke.

it appears though that Ben can call or release the black smoke if he wants to.
But why didnt the black smoke kill all of the guys from the boat a few episodes ago?

I know ... it wasnt in the script Smile

Maggers   05-28-2008, 02:05 AM
Aprilis Wrote:it appears though that Ben can call or release the black smoke if he wants to. But why didnt the black smoke kill all of the guys from the boat a few episodes ago?

I know ... it wasnt in the script Smile

Yes, good question. Indeed, another question raised but not answered. Who knows if we'll ever find out.

Actually, in one of the recent pod casts, I think the authors said that before the series ends we'll understand more about the smoke monster. Duh ... I should hope so. Like Locke, I want to know ALL about it.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Aprilis   05-29-2008, 02:14 AM
I watched another season 3 episode today.
the one where Desmond goes back in time after he turned the key and the hatch imploded.
So in season 4 when he leaves the island it is the 2nd time his consciousness goes into the past.

Perhaps the 2nd time was brought on because of the first time?

bones weep tedium   05-29-2008, 04:35 AM
when is the next episode of LOST? What day/time is it being broadcast in America?

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Barry Lee Dejasu   05-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Today--tonight, actually--Thursday, May 29th, from 9 PM (EST) to 11 PM.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Maggers   05-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Aprilis Wrote:I watched another season 3 episode today.
the one where Desmond goes back in time after he turned the key and the hatch imploded. So in season 4 when he leaves the island it is the 2nd time his consciousness goes into the past.

Perhaps the 2nd time was brought on because of the first time?

Daniel Farraday explained that one of the theories they have about the "sickness" that happens to some people traveling to and from the Island may be brought on by exposure to electromagnetic energy in large amounts, which Desmond certainly suffered in the hatch implosion.

So, yes, Desmond's freaky consciousness time trips he experienced as he was leaving the Island are very much related to the hatch implosion.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (22):    1 13 14 15 16 17 22