Pages (22):    1 6 7 8 9 10 22   
Alvin Fox   05-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Has this already been discussed? If so, I'm not going to go searching the board for it, so I'll ask it anyway.

Rewind to Season 1, I believe the episode is called "Maternity Leave" (but I'm not certain). Claire's been kidnapped by Ethan, but now she returns, and starts having flashbacks to when she was in the ward. Did anyone else think Jack's father was in the hallway, talking to Ethan, in one of those flashbacks?

I'd have to go back and check but I think it was Mr. Friendly.
Maggers   05-04-2008, 11:49 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:I'd have to go back and check but I think it was Mr. Friendly.

You are correct. It absolutely was Mr. Friendly, aka Tom.

Jack's father is dead. He is an apparition created by the Island. The apparition did not speak until this season, Season 4. Well, that's not exactly accurate. In one of the "Mobile" casts, the clips you can view on abc.com, Jack's father finds Vincent and tells him "we have work to do." The feeling I got watching that was that is would have happened very early in the series, right after the crash.

The writers have confirmed in a variety of podcasts that people who have died are dead. We may see them again in the series, but they are dead. Jack's father is dead. The writers have confirmed that, also.
This post was last modified: 05-04-2008, 11:53 AM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   05-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Maggers Wrote:You are correct. It absolutely was Mr. Friendly, aka Tom.

Jack's father is dead. He is an apparition created by the Island. The apparition did not speak until this season, Season 4. Well, that's not exactly accurate. In one of the "Mobile" casts, the clips you can view on abc.com, Jack's father finds Vincent and tells him "we have work to do." The feeling I got watching that was that is would have happened very early in the series, right after the crash.

The writers have confirmed in a variety of podcasts that people who have died are dead. We may see them again in the series, but they are dead. Jack's father is dead. The writers have confirmed that, also.
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Christian_...appearance

[INDENT]His death, though not shown on-screen, has been confirmed in a Official LOST podcast (April 20, 2007 Edition). However, in later statements the creators of Lost qualified their statement by saying that they "may be using the word 'dead' in a sense we (the audience) don't fully understand yet." Even further clarification was received in "Access: Granted", when Carlton Cuse stated "In terms of actually physically corporally in existence... he's dead".[/INDENT]

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   05-04-2008, 03:36 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:...His death, though not shown on-screen, has been confirmed in a Official LOST podcast (April 20, 2007 Edition). However, in later statements the creators of Lost qualified their statement by saying that they "may be using the word 'dead' in a sense we (the audience) don't fully understand yet." Even further clarification was received in "Access: Granted", when Carlton Cuse stated "In terms of actually physically corporally in existence... he's dead"...

Yeah, like Charlie is dead but comes back for routine meetings with Hurley.

Also, on the coming attractions shown at the end of the last episode, the guy who saved baby Ben's life at birth and who later introduced Ben and his father to Dharma, speaks to someone, I don't know whom, and tells them that he died 12 years earlier, or something like that. So the dead do remain with the LOST characters and interact with them in some fashion, but they are not alive.
This post was last modified: 05-04-2008, 04:45 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

bones weep tedium   05-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Has this already been discussed? If so, I'm not going to go searching the board for it, so I'll ask it anyway.

Rewind to Season 1, I believe the episode is called "Maternity Leave" (but I'm not certain). Claire's been kidnapped by Ethan, but now she returns, and starts having flashbacks to when she was in the ward. Did anyone else think Jack's father was in the hallway, talking to Ethan, in one of those flashbacks?

We should start keeping a list of all the Island sightings of Jack's father. So far...
  • Jack seeing him, which results in...
  • ...he's disappeared from the coffin, apparently
  • Possible hallway sighting (above)
  • In Jacob's cabin (on the chair, when Hurley first looked inside)
  • With Aaron and Claire
  • Off the Island, in the hospital (in the future)
...did I miss any?

In one of the mobisodes we saw Jack's dad telling the Walt's dog that Jack had to get up as he had some work to do.

I'm not sure of the canonical status of the mobisodes, but they were written by the offical writers and starred the real actors etc so we shouldnt discount them altogether.

Link to the video? Ok, here you go.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Maggers   05-04-2008, 03:58 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:In one of the mobisodes we saw Jack's dad telling the Walt's dog that Jack had to get up as he had some work to do.

I'm not sure of the canonical status of the mobisodes, but they were written by the offical writers and starred the real actors etc so we shouldnt discount them altogether.

Link to the video? Ok, here you go.

Yeah, I just mentioned the same thing 3 posts ago.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   05-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Has anyone been able to see the details of Jack's new tatoo on his back. It's small and about 3" north of where Kate sewed him up on the first day after the crash.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

bones weep tedium   05-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Maggers Wrote:Yeah, I just mentioned the same thing 3 posts ago.

Did you provide a link?

No?

Well then.

My post ---- [SIZE="5"]JUSTIFIED. [/SIZE]

Wink

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
bones weep tedium   05-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Sorrel just had a brainwave --- sorry in advance for encroaching on one of your previous theories, Maggers Wink

Jack's Dad isn't dead.

Not in a Charlie way, not in a 'dead on the Island isnt the same thing as dead off the Island' kinda way, but as in never died.

Jack wasnt going over to Sydney to bring his father's body back, he was going over to Sydney to pull an intervention on his boozey old dad.

The reason for the tearful blubbery in the airport wasn't 'becasue I need to bury my father in LA tomorrw, and I just need to get this done.' but becasue 'my dad's only got about X hours of oxygen in there/X hours til the tranquilizers wear off and if you impound the coffin overnight he'll be in for a rude awakening.'

That's why Jack has never seemed particularly fussed when he saw his dad wandering around and an empty coffin.

Big Grin

It's probably no less ludicrous than what the actual programme will turn out to be Wink

I hate coppers.

Maggers   05-04-2008, 05:08 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Did you provide a link?

No?

Well then.

My post ---- [SIZE="5"]JUSTIFIED. [/SIZE]

Wink
I did post such a link long ago when FPW asked for it.

Posts are always justified, repetitious perhaps, but justified. :p
This post was last modified: 05-04-2008, 05:15 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (22):    1 6 7 8 9 10 22