RichE   04-25-2008, 02:30 PM
The BFI has restored the classic Hammer Film "DRACULA" (US: "Horror Of Dracula") and this restored print is now playing in British theatres under the original title. I understand a limited US release is planned also.
Years ago I saw a mint 16mm IB Technicolour print, with the Universal International logo at the start, owned by Blatimore actor George Stover, played at FANEX, which was beautiful. This new 35MM print was fully restored and is also uncut as well. YOUTUBE is running the new trailer under DRACULA BFI RESTORATION TRAILER. Check it out!
Biggles   04-26-2008, 09:51 AM
RichE Wrote:The BFI has restored the classic Hammer Film "DRACULA" (US: "Horror Of Dracula") and this restored print is now playing in British theatres under the original title. I understand a limited US release is planned also.
Years ago I saw a mint 16mm IB Technicolour print, with the Universal International logo at the start, owned by Blatimore actor George Stover, played at FANEX, which was beautiful. This new 35MM print was fully restored and is also uncut as well. YOUTUBE is running the new trailer under DRACULA BFI RESTORATION TRAILER. Check it out!

Any plans to release it in Blueray? Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
RichE   04-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Warner Brothers, who unfort. holds the rights over here, was thinking about a high def release but nothing has been done. The film was way overmatted 1:85 on dvd where tops of heads were sliced off (the film was shot 1:66 ratio). My domestic laserdisc (with the very beautiful, rich colour Japanese laserdisc I also own) gives far better picture information. Hopefully the film will be window boxed instead of hardmatted on overseas dvd.
RichE   05-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I just got the word that this film MIGHT be playing theatres this year.
Get out the garlic!