Scott Miller   04-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Although an excellent movie, Before The Devil Knows You're Dead left me feeling low. The web of deception spun by these characters becomes quite tangled and icky leaving no one to root for. Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Albert Finney and Ethan Hawke are in top form here, Marissa Tomei less so, but she is scantily clad or nude for much of her screen time so she is forgiven:p. Sidney Lumet's direction is solid-I enjoyed how the film was put together. So I do recommend it, but it may be one you have to be in the proper mood for.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Scott Miller   04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Although an excellent movie, Before The Devil Knows You're Dead left me feeling low. The web of deception spun by these characters becomes quite tangled and icky leaving no one to root for. Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Albert Finney and Ethan Hawke are in top form here, Marissa Tomei less so, but she is scantily clad or nude for much of her screen time so she is forgiven:p. Sidney Lumet's direction is solid-I enjoyed how the film was put together. So I do recommend it, but it may be one you have to be in the proper mood for.

So I watched it again with the commentary with Lumet, Hawke, and Hoffman. Lumet is great, he offers plenty of insight into his process and gladly obliges Hawke and Hoffman's inquiries about some of the giants he has worked with over the years.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
RichE   04-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a good thing to check into. I just watched George Romero's "DIARY OF THE DEAD" and have to say its very good, and personally,
the best of the series. I figured it would be another "Blair Witch" clone but I was surprised. Camcord use aside, I think many of you will enjoy it!