Pages (11):    1 2 3 4 5 11   
Interested?Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes I'll play!
17 (100.00%)
Forget it.
0 (0%)
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
Silverfish   05-18-2008, 12:48 PM
...but everyone knows what/where Wiki is. It's the best place to post for that reason alone.

Does anyone have dedicated space for us?

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Ken Valentine   05-18-2008, 12:54 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Apart from The Keep and Nightworld, they're all barely a paragraph long. I was thinking about doing something about it, but I have never written a wikipedia article before so wouldnt reallly know where to start, and also I have only ever read the Adversary cycle the once and that was a few years ago now --- I really doubt I know enough on my own to do the job justice.

I think the first thing is to get FPW's permission to do this.

Ken V.
fpw   05-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I think the first thing is to get FPW's permission to do this.

[SIZE="3"]I don't think you need my permission, but if you want it, you've got it. [/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Wapitikev   05-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Libby Wrote:What you say is completely true, but Legacies was the 2nd FPW book I read, the 1st being the Tomb, and I couldn't find any strang happenings in it until I read Conspiracies, when it mentioned the whole Telsa thing. But when I read it at first, I was a little disapointed by the seemingly complete lack of supernateral activity, for before FPW I only read fantasy books.

I was thinking more along the lines, in the Wiki article, of adding a sentence after the statement that states "however, a number of plot threads in the book have supernatural connections to other FPW stories."

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Wapitikev   05-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Silverfish Wrote:...but everyone knows what/where Wiki is. It's the best place to post for that reason alone.

Does anyone have dedicated space for us?

Stephanie

We can always add a link at the bottom of all the FPW articles on Wiki that takes them to our own, collectively designed page, wherever it resides.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Ken Valentine   05-18-2008, 02:43 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I don't think you need my permission, but if you want it, you've got it. [/SIZE]

It's always best to ask first.

Ken V.
Libby   05-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:I was thinking more along the lines, in the Wiki article, of adding a sentence after the statement that states "however, a number of plot threads in the book have supernatural connections to other FPW stories."

-Wapitikev

Good idea!Smile

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
cobalt   05-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Now that we have The Man's permission.....sign me on. My collection is pretty extensive and I'd love to take part.

EWMAN
Wapitikev   05-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:It's always best to ask first.

Ken V.

Funny, I thought it was better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Heh.

...of course that refers specifically to authorities that one does not respect, which is certainly not the case with FPW or his work.

-Wapitikev

bones weep tedium   05-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Who wrote the FPW FAQ? Is there anything in there that we can quickly adapt into wiki articles?

tenebroust Wrote:The only problem I have with the whole idea is that this is being done on Wikipedia. I find that whole bunch to be a bunch of self righteous toe-heads (my apologies if any of you stout FPW fans are included in that broad swath). I think you'd have a lot morer freedom to put together something that would be free of the petty nitpicking that goes on at Wikipedia (no trivia sections, constant revisions, editorial wars, censorship, etc.) if you choose another encyclopedia site like everything2.com. Just my 2 cents.

I think that the current state of criminal neglect goes to show how much nit-picking or attention of any kind FPW's books get subjected to over at wikipedia.

Wikipedia is the biggest online encyclopedia and at the top of nearly every google search you'll ever perfrom. It's not perfect, but it's a great place to start.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Pages (11):    1 2 3 4 5 11