Alvin Fox   04-15-2008, 04:27 AM
After an auction last month I was finally able to complete my collection of Gauntlet editions of Repairman Jack novels from Conspiracies to Bloodline. It was The Haunted Air that was giving me trouble. It seemed no one had it anywhere. And the one copy I did keep seeing floating around was an ex library copy for $600 which I just laughed at. Then the auction came up on ebay and I was the only bidder and got myself a copy- for $200. (Yay tax refund!) I was just cruising my fetchbook account which still has The Haunted Air listed as a book I'm looking for and discovered that someone just put up a lettered copy on abebooks for $49.95. :mad:

So if there's any collectors looking for a lettered Gauntlet edition of The Haunted Air... it's a great deal.
Spyder   04-15-2008, 11:51 AM
I so wish I had a reliable job or I'd buy that.
icarusflu   04-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Just took a look at it myself - and it smells a little fishy - they say it is copy "F" but they also say it is an uncorrected proof - combine that with a 3 star rating for the seller and I would stay away from it

icarusflu
Biggles   04-15-2008, 10:28 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:After an auction last month I was finally able to complete my collection of Gauntlet editions of Repairman Jack novels from Conspiracies to Bloodline. It was The Haunted Air that was giving me trouble. It seemed no one had it anywhere. And the one copy I did keep seeing floating around was an ex library copy for $600 which I just laughed at. Then the auction came up on ebay and I was the only bidder and got myself a copy- for $200. (Yay tax refund!) I was just cruising my fetchbook account which still has The Haunted Air listed as a book I'm looking for and discovered that someone just put up a lettered copy on abebooks for $49.95. :mad:

So if there's any collectors looking for a lettered Gauntlet edition of The Haunted Air... it's a great deal.

ARCs aren't lettered!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Alvin Fox   04-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Well, I'm just happy my copy arrived in great condition. The tassel/ bookmark connected to the spine is weird though...
SteveBlack   04-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Biggles Wrote:ARCs aren't lettered!

I think these ARCS are lettered as they go out to Gauntlet Elite members.
I sent off for one of the seller's signed ARCs ie HOSTS so I'll let you know about it when it arrives

Steve
This post was last modified: 04-29-2008, 05:38 PM by SteveBlack.