Wapitikev   04-14-2008, 04:00 PM
I've never played the video game, so I am unfamiliar with the continuity.

My main question is: what's with the Dark Angel rip-off/homage at the beginning of the show?

I watched the Director's Cut. As far as the movie goes, it had its moments and could have been much better. Kind of a poor-man's Transporter...without any moral qualms about wetwork.

Since there was only one point in the movie where I thought the actors didn't give a convincing performance, and since the writer was the same one that did Swordfish, I blame the (novice) director. Perhaps it needs a remake

Heh.

I'm sure the (inevitable) sequel will be better.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:I've never played the video game, so I am unfamiliar with the continuity.

My main question is: what's with the Dark Angel rip-off/homage at the beginning of the show?

I watched the Director's Cut. As far as the movie goes, it had its moments and could have been much better. Kind of a poor-man's Transporter...without any moral qualms about wetwork.

Since there was only one point in the movie where I thought the actors didn't give a convincing performance, and since the writer was the same one that did Swordfish, I blame the (novice) director. Perhaps it needs a remake

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Calling Michael Mann! Michael Mann to the rescue, por favor~!
Wapitikev   04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Calling Michael Mann! Michael Mann to the rescue, por favor~!

Ok. Now you're just trying to provoke me.

[crosses arms in front of chest and refuses to be provoked] Cool

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Ok. Now you're just trying to provoke me.

[crosses arms in front of chest and refuses to be provoked] Cool

-Wapitikev

Believe it or not, Valued Customers (OK, one) have asked me if my department carries any books about Michael Mann. It was a sweet old lady. Maybe his grandmother...Wink
Wapitikev   04-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Believe it or not, Valued Customers (OK, one) have asked me if my department carries any books about Michael Mann. It was a sweet old lady. Maybe his grandmother...Wink

Just a guess here, but she wasn't a FPW fan, was she.

Wink

-Wapitikev

Kenji   04-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:I've never played the video game, so I am unfamiliar with the continuity.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Last Saturday I saw "Hitman" in a theatre.

Action sequences were cool, especially in subway.

...........that's all.
Spyder   04-15-2008, 11:55 AM
I was not thrilled with the Hitman movie. So much potential that was just squandered.

I thought the story was very weak, and that scene where he knife fights all of the other guys! That was terrible.
bones weep tedium   04-15-2008, 01:55 PM
I havent seen the Hitman movie or played any of the games.

I just popped in here to make sure that Wapitikev isnt scheming about me behind my back.

All clear, carry on as you all were.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."