RepairmanJack.com Forums
Question about Hitman movie - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Question about Hitman movie (/thread-2804.html)

Question about Hitman movie - Wapitikev - 04-14-2008

I've never played the video game, so I am unfamiliar with the continuity.

My main question is: what's with the Dark Angel rip-off/homage at the beginning of the show?

I watched the Director's Cut. As far as the movie goes, it had its moments and could have been much better. Kind of a poor-man's Transporter...without any moral qualms about wetwork.

Since there was only one point in the movie where I thought the actors didn't give a convincing performance, and since the writer was the same one that did Swordfish, I blame the (novice) director. Perhaps it needs a remake

Heh.

I'm sure the (inevitable) sequel will be better.

-Wapitikev

Question about Hitman movie - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-14-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:I've never played the video game, so I am unfamiliar with the continuity.

My main question is: what's with the Dark Angel rip-off/homage at the beginning of the show?

I watched the Director's Cut. As far as the movie goes, it had its moments and could have been much better. Kind of a poor-man's Transporter...without any moral qualms about wetwork.

Since there was only one point in the movie where I thought the actors didn't give a convincing performance, and since the writer was the same one that did Swordfish, I blame the (novice) director. Perhaps it needs a remake

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Calling Michael Mann! Michael Mann to the rescue, por favor~!

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Calling Michael Mann! Michael Mann to the rescue, por favor~!

Ok. Now you're just trying to provoke me.

[crosses arms in front of chest and refuses to be provoked] Cool

-Wapitikev

Question about Hitman movie - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-14-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:Ok. Now you're just trying to provoke me.

[crosses arms in front of chest and refuses to be provoked] Cool

-Wapitikev

Believe it or not, Valued Customers (OK, one) have asked me if my department carries any books about Michael Mann. It was a sweet old lady. Maybe his grandmother...Wink

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Believe it or not, Valued Customers (OK, one) have asked me if my department carries any books about Michael Mann. It was a sweet old lady. Maybe his grandmother...Wink

Just a guess here, but she wasn't a FPW fan, was she.

Wink

-Wapitikev

Question about Hitman movie - Kenji - 04-15-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:I've never played the video game, so I am unfamiliar with the continuity.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Last Saturday I saw "Hitman" in a theatre.

Action sequences were cool, especially in subway.

...........that's all.

Question about Hitman movie - Spyder - 04-15-2008

I was not thrilled with the Hitman movie. So much potential that was just squandered.

I thought the story was very weak, and that scene where he knife fights all of the other guys! That was terrible.

Question about Hitman movie - bones weep tedium - 04-15-2008

I havent seen the Hitman movie or played any of the games.

I just popped in here to make sure that Wapitikev isnt scheming about me behind my back.

All clear, carry on as you all were.