Alvin Fox   04-10-2008, 04:21 AM
Did anyone know Ryan Reynolds was gonna be in this? He plays a mutant called Deadpool. His character is described as "a wisecracking and thoroughly insane mercenary who can heal like Wolverine."
Schwinn160   04-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Aghhhh! Deadpool is GREAT! If you've seen the Blade movie (Blade:Trinity, maybe?) with Ryan in it, that's how Deadpool talks all the time. Ryan would be wonderful for it.

This link has some Deadpool quotes. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archi...uotes.html

When he went through the Weapon-X program to cure him of cancer, it drove him nuts.

"That's Cannonball you twit!-- Sam

"Really? You sure? 'cause I kinda had a healthy does of respect for you before..."
"Well, whatever you're like junior X-men, right? Mutants born with special gifts who fight to save the very world that fears them--Well SO AM I!" -- Deadpool

"You're not a mutant Wilson!" -- Sam slams Deadpool into a wall..
"And you're not an X-men" - Sam

"Well, SAMUEL, just cause you got rocket-power farting powers. I'm not gonna split hairs and i'm not gonna fight my teammates. I mean. Unless it involves terry's clothes coming off and mud or chocolate pudding or soemthing like that.." -- Deadpool

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write something worth reading or do things worth the writing."
Benjamin Franklin

I'm the original me©. Big Grin
Schwinn160   04-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Another good Deadpool quote:

From Deadpool fanfilm
Deadpool "Webhead! I'm digging the black threads!"
Spiderman "Um.. thanks, I thought it was appropriate"
Deadpool "I've got a PERFECT nickname for you. THE DARK KNIGHT. Wait that's terrible..."

Smile Smile Smile

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write something worth reading or do things worth the writing."
Benjamin Franklin

I'm the original me©. Big Grin
Wapitikev   04-10-2008, 12:27 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Did anyone know Ryan Reynolds was gonna be in this? He plays a mutant called Deadpool. His character is described as "a wisecracking and thoroughly insane mercenary who can heal like Wolverine."

Yup, knew that. As perfect a casting choice as was ever made, anywhere, anytime.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Alvin Fox   04-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Schwinn160, those are great quotes. Really looking forward to this now. Of course there's always great movies coming out in May no matter what year.
beowulf   04-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Ryan Reynolds was originally supposed to star in a standalone "Deadpool" movie (DC was at one time also considering him for the Flash), I suppose this is Marvel's way of determining if there is enough interest in that project.

Don't expect Deadpool to have a big role though, the movie is chock full fo random mutant cameos

I am really looking forward to this movie!

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."