NickelobLight   04-04-2008, 05:51 PM
I've been reading you all's dream casts. Now I'm curious who your nightmare cast would be? Who would be the worst possible people to play Jack & friends? How could Hollywood ruin the movie before it ever got started, just because they wanted to put in popular names that just wouldn't fit? Here's my picks:

Jack=The Rock, Vin Diesel, Ashton Kutscher (sp?), Will Smith, Sean William Scott, Nicholas Cage, Ben Stiller
Abe=Tom Green, Jimmy Kimmel, Jason Mewes, Anthony Anderson, Sam Elliot, (that actually might be pretty cool though), Ben Stiller
Gia=Tara Reid, Renee Zelwegger, (sp? also, does she always look like she just bit into a lemon?), Rosario Dawson
Julio=Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell, George Lopez, Bernie Mac
Kusum=Ben Stiller, (I just can't stand him), Jet Li, Michael Madsen, the guy from Harold & Kumar
Kolobati=Sandra Oh, (don't like her much either), Maggie Gylenhall, (sp?), Marisa Tomei, Angelina Jolie, (she's in everything!)

So there you go. The worst possible casting ideas for the upcoming RJ movie, (in my humble opinion). Can you imagine Dan LaFontaine saying "If you see one movie this summer, see The Tomb. With The Rock, Anthony Anderson, Tara Reid, Ben Stiller, Jet Li, and starring Angelina Jolie. See the movie that has young 19 & 20 year olds writhing in anticipation. See The Tomb." Ugh. I mean, come on. Hollywood almost put Vin Diesel in the role of Agent 47 in Hitman. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Thoughts?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken

Let not thy will roar when thy power can but whisper. -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654-1734), Gnomologia, 1732

[Image: dfb17bf94b00b1e2eb_5.jpg] [Image: s_logo_tampa.gif]
Aprilis   04-04-2008, 09:23 PM
worst = tom cruise in any role
Smile
Kenji   04-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Aprilis Wrote:worst = tom cruise in any role
Smile

More worst = directed by Tom Cruise. :p
DogWoman   04-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Kenji Wrote:More worst = directed by Tom Cruise. :p

Or directed by Kevin Kostner...

The present state of the world is not the proof of philosophy’s impotence, but the proof of philosophy’s power. It is philosophy that has brought men to this state—it is only philosophy that can lead them out.

Ayn Rand, “For the New Intellectual,” For the New Intellectual, 50.
cobalt   04-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Cheech Marin as Julio......with Low Rider playing in the backround.

EWMAN
Wapitikev   04-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Jack: [there are so many!] ...anyone with the last name Aflec, Ben's sidekick Damon, Colin Farrel, Klive Owen, Johnny Depp, Paul Walker, Scott Caan, Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer, some others already mentioned. [just thought of another couple good possibilities for Jack, check RR Will Be Jack for the new post]

Gia: Katee Sackhoff, anyone with the last name Cruz, Kiera Knightly, Cameron Diaz, Jodie Foster, Uma Therman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Claire Danes, Cate Blanchett, some others already mentioned.

Vicky: anyone with the last name Fanning.

Abe: Tom Arnold, Rick Ducommun, some others already mentioned.

Kusum: Yes, Kal Pen (Kumar from Harold and Kumar) would indeed be a travesty! Some others already mentioned, anyone who does not have East Indian roots (give Boollywood a CHANCE, People!).

Kolobati: Selma Hayak, Katherine Zeta Jones, Michelle Rodriguez anyone with the last name Cruz [does anyone sense a trend here?], anyone who does not have East Indian roots (give Boollywood a CHANCE, People!).

Julio: Al Pacino, Andy Garcia, Paul Rodriguez, John Leguizamo, some others already mentioned.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout