Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Scott Miller   03-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:"The rich are free to do as they please..."? Tell it to Elliot Spitzer!Wink

Think he'll do jail time? I don't.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Think he'll do jail time? I don't.

I hold no brief for him at all--a real playground bully--but did he do anything that needs he be put in a cage?
mkmfpwfan   03-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Well Blues, I will not be actually participating in any trial. My understanding is as a grand juror,my job is to make sure that the DA has no personal vendetta,facts are credible and that a case is fit for trial or not. bill or no bill. I may have a different opinion or be told to expect a different frame of thought by the judge. I'll know better in April. Maybe I'll take a wwjd approach(what would jack do)lolBig Grin--------Mark
mkmfpwfan   03-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I hold no brief for him at all--a real playground bully--but did he do anything that needs he be put in a cage?

Yes for the simple reason that as far as I know,Eliot has put people behind bars for the exact reason that precipitated his fall from grace. Normally I'd say no and scream legalize the hooker thing. But in this case Eliot gets one phone call to home(ET) and goes to sing sing------Mark
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-24-2008, 01:01 PM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:Well Blues, I will not be actually participating in any trial. My understanding is as a grand juror,my job is to make sure that the DA has no personal vendetta,facts are credible and that a case is fit for trial or not. bill or no bill. I may have a different opinion or be told to expect a different frame of thought by the judge. I'll know better in April. Maybe I'll take a wwjd approach(what would jack do)lolBig Grin--------Mark

Of course, Mark--that's what our justice system is based on. But in my experience, the judge only advises on =points of law=, not his personal opinion of the case.

Well, except in one instance...
"Do you care to speak in your own defense, Bluesman Mike?"
"Well, Yer Honner, I thought you'd never ask! See, Judge, Your Excellency, sir..."
"'Judge' or 'Your Honor,' will be sufficient, Mr. Lindner."
"Well, thank you, Your Mightiness, Judge or Your Honor, for that clarification! See, this is a bum rap! It's rotten from the get-go. Now how on Earth, Your Powerfullness, how could I =possibly= been jaywalking at 4:56 PM at Houston and Park when I wuz on the =other= side of town selling drugs to children?"
"There's no intersection between Houston and Park!"
"Ain't dat just right, Yer Puissance? Like I said, it makes no sense at all. Maybe in Brooklyn it would. But we ain't in Brooklyn!"
"Case dismissed! Get this moron out of my court!"

=Our= way of =American= justice...at its finest.
This post was last modified: 03-24-2008, 01:20 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
jacobm   03-24-2008, 01:31 PM
beowulf Wrote:I am not sure that any of his fake ID's would get called. I think (and I could be wrong) most of his aliases are fabricated, so they would never be on a list for jury duty. If he does use names and SS numbers of deceased citizens, they too would be removed from and rolls. I suppose a glitch in the system would allow im to be called or if his original identity was called (I never really was clear about how he got rid of his "real" self).

Grand Jury in NY is based on voter registration. Once you register to vote in a jurisdiction you are automatically placed on the list of potential jury participants. Then you are "randomly" selected to appear for the voir dire, or weeding out process. I don't think that the board of elections keeps track of who dies, so conceiveably one of Jack's alter ego's could be summoned, sort of...i guess. It would be a unique scenario.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
jacobm Wrote:Grand Jury in NY is based on voter registration. Once you register to vote in a jurisdiction you are automatically placed on the list of potential jury participants. Then you are "randomly" selected to appear for the voir dire, or weeding out process. I don't think that the board of elections keeps track of who dies, so conceiveably one of Jack's alter ego's could be summoned, sort of...i guess. It would be a unique scenario.

Wouldn't it be cooler than Hollywood to have 12 people who've died summoned? A jury of ghosts?
Scott Miller   03-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I hold no brief for him at all--a real playground bully--but did he do anything that needs he be put in a cage?

I agree with Mark on this one; he gave himself enough rope to hang himself, especially if it turns out he was laundering money to pay for it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I agree with Mark on this one; he gave himself enough rope to hang himself, especially if it turns out he was laundering money to pay for it.

Scott, the more I think about it, the more I agree with Mark and you. Guess it was me sweet nature clouding me sense of stern justice before!Big Grin
Ken Valentine   03-25-2008, 05:45 AM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:I have the distict pleasure of serving in a grand jury capacity next month. I was wondering in the last few days on how Jack would handle it. I mean if one of his fake ID'S got called to serve. I think that would be a funny thing of Jack being forced in a way to serve and be so close to one of the things he would hate. he wouldn't be able to just ignore it or get out of it either. There are no little boxes to check to be discluded like the regular jury petit jury notices. I'm pretty sure Abe would be laughing everytime they meet. It would be an intresting short story or a bit of of a reocurring piece to a novel. It can be called Citizen Jack. I'm sure even Gia would needle him-------Mark

With fake ID's, there's no way Jack would/could be called for any kind of jury servitude.

However, if somehow, he did get onto a jury, I'm sure he would hold to the original purpose of the jury, which is to judge not only the facts of the case, and the moral intent of the accused, but to also judge the justice of the law itself, and to hold the accused NOT GUILTY if he believes the law itself to be unjust.

Ken V.
Pages (3):    1 2 3