Pages (3): 1 2 3   
mkmfpwfan   03-22-2008, 06:58 AM
I have the distict pleasure of serving in a grand jury capacity next month. I was wondering in the last few days on how Jack would handle it. I mean if one of his fake ID'S got called to serve. I think that would be a funny thing of Jack being forced in a way to serve and be so close to one of the things he would hate. he wouldn't be able to just ignore it or get out of it either. There are no little boxes to check to be discluded like the regular jury petit jury notices. I'm pretty sure Abe would be laughing everytime they meet. It would be an intresting short story or a bit of of a reocurring piece to a novel. It can be called Citizen Jack. I'm sure even Gia would needle him-------Mark
Biggles   03-22-2008, 08:29 PM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:I have the distict pleasure of serving in a grand jury capacity next month. I was wondering in the last few days on how Jack would handle it. I mean if one of his fake ID'S got called to serve. I think that would be a funny thing of Jack being forced in a way to serve and be so close to one of the things he would hate. he wouldn't be able to just ignore it or get out of it either. There are no little boxes to check to be discluded like the regular jury petit jury notices. I'm pretty sure Abe would be laughing everytime they meet. It would be an intresting short story or a bit of of a reocurring piece to a novel. It can be called Citizen Jack. I'm sure even Gia would needle him-------Mark

Well, if Jack wanted to really stick it to the man, he could vote for a "no bill" on every case (meaning no Indictment would be returned). I would love to have him on a GJ! Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
beowulf   03-23-2008, 11:02 AM
I am not sure that any of his fake ID's would get called. I think (and I could be wrong) most of his aliases are fabricated, so they would never be on a list for jury duty. If he does use names and SS numbers of deceased citizens, they too would be removed from and rolls. I suppose a glitch in the system would allow im to be called or if his original identity was called (I never really was clear about how he got rid of his "real" self).

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
cobalt   03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Well that is a coincidence, hubby just had to send in a questionnaire for grand jury pool review....if that's what you call it. He is not to happy about this. I believe the service is one day a month for a year.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-23-2008, 09:43 PM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:I have the distict pleasure of serving in a grand jury capacity next month. I was wondering in the last few days on how Jack would handle it. I mean if one of his fake ID'S got called to serve. I think that would be a funny thing of Jack being forced in a way to serve and be so close to one of the things he would hate. he wouldn't be able to just ignore it or get out of it either. There are no little boxes to check to be discluded like the regular jury petit jury notices. I'm pretty sure Abe would be laughing everytime they meet. It would be an intresting short story or a bit of of a reocurring piece to a novel. It can be called Citizen Jack. I'm sure even Gia would needle him-------Mark

Good, fun ah-deer, Mark! I don't know about the rest of the gang, but I =like= serving on jury duty. "All rise..."

"Now, Mr. Lindner. You say you've served on jury duty many times before. Is that correct, sir?"
"It is that, sir."
"Can you be a fair and just juror in this case now, Mr. Lindner?"
"I have always been so, in previous cases, to the best of my ability."
"And so you can come into this case without any preconceptions about my client--a mad rapist and baby-killer, it is alleged?"
"Certainly. As long as I can look at him from the jury seats and wink and whisper, 'You're a dead man walking.'"
"I guess that's the best my hell-bound--I mean INNOCENT--client can hope for. Mr. Lindner is OK by the Defense, Your Honor..."
This post was last modified: 03-23-2008, 09:50 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
mkmfpwfan   03-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Good, fun ah-deer, Mark! I don't know about the rest of the gang, but I =like= serving on jury duty. "All rise..."

"Now, Mr. Lindner. You say you've served on jury duty many times before. Is that correct, sir?"
"It is that, sir."
"Can you be a fair and just juror in this case now, Mr. Lindner?"
"I have always been so, in previous cases, to the best of my ability."
"And so you can come into this case without any preconceptions about my client--a mad rapist and baby-killer, it is alleged?"
"Certainly. As long as I can look at him from the jury seats and wink and whisper, 'You're a dead man walking.'"
"I guess that's the best my hell-bound--I mean INNOCENT--client can hope for. Mr. Lindner is OK by the Defense, Your Honor..."

Lol,Believe it or not I've never done any type of jury duty.---mark
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-24-2008, 11:01 AM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:Lol,Believe it or not I've never done any type of jury duty.---mark

It's interesting in itself, Mark, plus you get a good feeling--I do, anyway--from knowing you've done your duty to keep our justice system running.
Scott Miller   03-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:It's interesting in itself, Mark, plus you get a good feeling--I do, anyway--from knowing you've done your duty to keep our justice system running.

Where the rich are free to do as they please and the poor are fodder. The justice system needs a major overhaul.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
phoenix rising   03-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Where the rich are free to do as they please and the poor are fodder. The justice system needs a major overhaul.

It is a societal thing, not to get into a political uproar or anything....but the rich manage to bargain and buy their way out of everything. (usually)
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Where the rich are free to do as they please and the poor are fodder. The justice system needs a major overhaul.

Well, nothing contrived by Humanity is perfect, Scott. But I can tell you from first-hand experience, the jurors I've served with have been =serious= people, trying very hard to weigh the evidence and come to a righteous verdict.

"The rich are free to do as they please..."? Tell it to Elliot Spitzer!Wink
Pages (3): 1 2 3