Pages (9):    1 5 6 7 8 9   
Wapitikev   12-21-2008, 02:21 PM
I enjoyed unbreakable a LOT, being a comic book geek from WAAAAY back. It seems, however, that M. Night is only interested in doing his own projects, not those of others, so it is unlikely.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
ghaleon23   12-22-2008, 02:49 PM
How would anyone feel if Christopher Nolan directed RJ...I may be just a huge kiss ass to the Dark Knight and Batman Begins, but I think Nolan caprtured that psychological suspense that seems to be directed at RJ. Now if they can just bring in some monster maddness in a good way there we have it..Yeah, I dressed up as the Joker for Halloween, and I was the best one Jefferson City had seen, many had told me so. I went to Steak N Shake to eat and people just came up and stared and said that I looked awesome..It was very flattering..Im glad I at least attempted to do justice as a look alike to Heath Ledgers portrayal,even though Im slightly shorrter that him and my hair wasabout 4 inches to short..lol..Anyway, I dont think Id want M Night Shaymalan directing it, even though I loved Unbreakable and The Village...As long as its not Paul W.S. Anderson, I think Ill be satisfied as long as it does justice to what Ive read..Anyone remember the travesty that was the Bloodrayne movie..and the soon to be shit bomb that will be Castlevania..?I did like Waterworld and the Postman though...Not sure if he directed both of those...Anyway, Id love to see Jack Black cast somewhere in there and I think FPW should do a cameo in there somewhere..Why not, Stephen King does it..???

ghaleon
Wapitikev   12-22-2008, 06:10 PM
ghaleon23 Wrote:How would anyone feel if Christopher Nolan directed RJ...

ghaleon

Hey again, Ghaleon.

I mentioned that Chris Nolan would be interesting, back in May, earlier in this thread...there were no takers. He would definitely be a great option because he also wrote and directed the Prestige, so he knows all about Tesla, so perhaps Legacies and Conspiracies would be more his speed (whouldn't that be AMAZING!).

Unfortunately, he is also another "I only direct what I write" guy, just like M. Night. I would choose him over M. Night any day of the week, however.

I vote for Paul to play his part at:

-the party of the UK Mission to the United Nations
-one of the doctors treating Kolabati
-a customer leaving Abe's when Jack is coming in

...all would be easy to do. I personally vote for the Abe appearance because, that way, he could be in every single movie.

I always wondered what Abe's other regular customers looked like.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
wdg3rd   12-22-2008, 08:08 PM
ghaleon23 Wrote:I did like Waterworld and the Postman though...Not sure if he directed both of those...Anyway, Id love to see Jack Black cast somewhere in there and I think FPW should do a cameo in there somewhere..Why not, Stephen King does it..???

ghaleon

Hated Waterworld. Would have rather seen an adaptation of Robert Silverberg's "Young Adult" novel Conquerors from the Darkness as a much better vision of a mostly drowned Earth. And anybody who read David Brin's novel was extremely disappointed by The Postman. (But as Brin said, Costner brought the money, he could spend it the way he wanted).

Can't think of a good spot for Black in the first movie. Can't think of any characters in the novel that have dialog that would fit.

And of course Paul should have at least a cameo, Wapitikev's suggestions are a good start. Plus all of us should be cast as extras. I can fit into the crowd at Julio's no problem, it's the kind of bar I used to drink in when I could afford to drink in bars.
This post was last modified: 12-22-2008, 08:08 PM by wdg3rd.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Hey again, Ghaleon.

I mentioned that Chris Nolan would be interesting, back in May, earlier in this thread...there were no takers. He would definitely be a great option because he also wrote and directed the Prestige, so he knows all about Tesla, so perhaps Legacies and Conspiracies would be more his speed (whouldn't that be AMAZING!).

Unfortunately, he is also another "I only direct what I write" guy, just like M. Night. I would choose him over M. Night any day of the week, however.

I vote for Paul to play his part at:

-the party of the UK Mission to the United Nations
-one of the doctors treating Kolabati
-a customer leaving Abe's when Jack is coming in

...all would be easy to do. I personally vote for the Abe appearance because, that way, he could be in every single movie.

I always wondered what Abe's other regular customers looked like.

-Wapitikev

Hee-hee, Wap, I do believe Paul must have a cameo in =Julio's.= At the bar, drinking a fine Budweiser bottle (Paul hates Bud) and reading--this must be clear, on camera--a hardcover copy of THE TOMB.
Wapitikev   12-23-2008, 01:16 AM
That would be classic as well...and it also could be repeated in every movie.

But 10-1 Paul will nix the Bud idea (although he has stated that he likes irony).

-Wapitikev

metllicamilitia   12-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Unbreakable was amazing, if I ever knew M. Night Shyamalam directed it, I had long since forgotten.

And FPW with a cameo.....in a hospital seems like a good spot, maybe as an injured person for irony?

"And the rain will kill us all, we throw ourselves against the wall, but no else can see, the preservation of the martyr in me" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"I, am a worm before I am a man, I, was a creature before I could stand, I, will remember before I forget, before I forget this" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"Dead visions in your name, dead fingers in my veins, dead memories in my heart" - Corey Taylor
Wapitikev   01-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Automatic Jack Wrote:Ha ha, that's an amusing idea! I never really thought of who'd play Sandy Palmer, but Jack Black would be a great choice. Even though he doesn't really match the book description, he'd be plenty annoying.

If Black was ever casted though, I don't think the studios would [spoiler]allow his character to get killed off[/spoiler]. And I must admit, I think I would agree with them.

Black would be PERFECT as the annoying newspaper reporter from Reborn, Gerry Becker!

-Wapitikev

Biggles   01-05-2009, 09:27 PM
ghaleon23 Wrote:Anyway, Id love to see Jack Black cast somewhere in there and I think FPW should do a cameo in there somewhere..Why not, Stephen King does it..???

ghaleon

Stephen King is a horrible actor, while Paul was magnificent in both Midnight Mass and Foet.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Wapitikev   01-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I've only seen the last 10 minutes of Midnight Mass and didn't remember Paul being in that part of the show, so I was wondering if A) Paul had been in anything before and B) how hella good his acting skills are.

Thanx, Biggles

Another thread has paul playing Frank P. Winslow...which would be cool, except that he'd have to wait for a number of years, if ever, to get to play that role.

I also think it would be interesting for Paul to play Doc Hargus (the guy who patches Jack up from time to time) but there, again, he wouldn't get to be in every movie.

So I'll stick with the ones that allow us to see him in every movie, for now:

Customer at Abe's
Cusotmer at Julio's

-Wapitikev

Pages (9):    1 5 6 7 8 9