Pages (2):    1 2
beowulf   03-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I have to be included in that handful. I liked the Ang Lee version, except for the ending. The Hulk scenes were very good and Eric Bana was pretty convincing.

I'm reserving judgement on the Ed Norton version. The trailer looks pretty good, except I do not like the face of Abomination. It looks like they drew a face on a balloon.

I thought the problems with the Ang Lee version was that it took too long to get to the Hulk. I know they had to establish the characters, but there was clearly a more efficient way to get this all across. Let's face it, when you go to see a Hulk movie, you want to see the Hulk. I think it was 45 minutes before the first "hulk out". When the Hulk did appear he was TOO green, I hate to quote the masses...but he looked like an angry Shrek. I didn't like that his size varied from scene too scene, while the Hulk's strength increases with anger, his size does not. Finally, I thought the movie was TOO psychological, I understand there is a psychological factor in the story, but it went too far.

In the end, the Hulk is a superhero and an action story. That is what we all wanted and I think that is what this new movie will be.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Barry Lee Dejasu   03-15-2008, 10:47 AM
As "Incredible" as this new movie may be, I'll be seeing M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening that Friday the 13th--I'll tell you that right now!

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Kenji   03-15-2008, 10:58 AM
beowulf Wrote:I thought the problems with the Ang Lee version was that it took too long to get to the Hulk. I know they had to establish the characters, but there was clearly a more efficient way to get this all across. Let's face it, when you go to see a Hulk movie, you want to see the Hulk. I think it was 45 minutes before the first "hulk out". When the Hulk did appear he was TOO green, I hate to quote the masses...but he looked like an angry Shrek. I didn't like that his size varied from scene too scene, while the Hulk's strength increases with anger, his size does not. Finally, I thought the movie was TOO psychological, I understand there is a psychological factor in the story, but it went too far.

In the end, the Hulk is a superhero and an action story. That is what we all wanted and I think that is what this new movie will be.

I agree. And, I didn't care to story of Bruce Banner and his father. It was a fifth wheel...
beowulf   03-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:As "Incredible" as this new movie may be, I'll be seeing M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening that Friday the 13th--I'll tell you that right now!

Yeah, its gonna be a tough call - I LOVE M Knight films. It might be a two movie weekend.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Pages (2):    1 2