Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Kenji   02-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Today I saw "Day Watch". Has anyone seen this?

I enjoyed first film "Night Watch". But this time, last 20~30 minutes only were good. Actually, some scenes confused me. I still don't understand the reason of swapped bodies of Anton and Olga. Was that a need? :confused:

But, well....visual effect was excellent as much as Night Watch.
phoenix rising   02-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Forive me Kenji I read the title and was suddenly wondering if it was anything like bay watch......Lack of sleep makes my mind go off in odd directions.
Dave   02-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Kenji Wrote:Today I saw "Day Watch". Has anyone seen this?

I enjoyed first film "Night Watch". But this time, last 20~30 minutes only were good. Actually, some scenes confused me. I still don't understand the reason of swapped bodies of Anton and Olga. Was that a need? :confused:

But, well....visual effect was excellent as much as Night Watch.
I saw a dubbed version almost ten months ago. It was a test screening, I think they were trying to see how the dubbing went down, I hate dubbing.

The film was a mess, you're not alone in thinking that. They had ideas of what looked cool, then came up with whimsy to make it happen, if you're lucky.

Like seeing motorbikes launched through the air during a truck chase is fun, but really, who'd fancy their chances against a truck on a motorbike? So why would the motorbikes leave the BIGGER truck to attack the smaller one? Crazy.

Yeah, bad film. Almost as bad as Transformers ;o)

Dave
beowulf   02-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I too enjoyed Night Watch, but found Day watch to be to confusing. It was a great concept but they tried too hard. I only made it halfway through the movie before giving up, I think that might be the second time I ever bailed on a movie!

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Kenji   02-22-2008, 09:47 AM
phoenix rising Wrote:Forive me Kenji I read the title and was suddenly wondering if it was anything like bay watch......Lack of sleep makes my mind go off in odd directions.

I've never seen Bay Watch...Wink
Kenji   02-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Dave Wrote:I saw a dubbed version almost ten months ago. It was a test screening, I think they were trying to see how the dubbing went down, I hate dubbing.

Oh?! You saw a dubbed version..... in English?

I saw Russian version with Japanese subtitles and English subtitles. I liked English subtitles. They were very unique.

Dave Wrote:Like seeing motorbikes launched through the air during a truck chase is fun, but really, who'd fancy their chances against a truck on a motorbike? So why would the motorbikes leave the BIGGER truck to attack the smaller one? Crazy.

Dave

Hmm, but I like that scene. Big Grin
Dave   02-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Kenji Wrote:Hmm, but I like that scene. Big Grin
As I said, fun, but patently ridiculous. And I say being a fan of Hudson Hawke...

Dave
GeraldRice   02-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Dave Wrote:As I said, fun, but patently ridiculous. And I say being a fan of Hudson Hawke...

Dave

Whoa- so there are 2 people who liked Hudson Hawke?

I didn't last beyond the first half hour of Day Watch. It had some cool ideas, like the demon guy who got the woman trapped in another dimension, briefly, but it began making even less sense from there and became comically unwatchable.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
phoenix rising   02-22-2008, 09:07 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Whoa- so there are 2 people who liked Hudson Hawke?

I didn't last beyond the first half hour of Day Watch. It had some cool ideas, like the demon guy who got the woman trapped in another dimension, briefly, but it began making even less sense from there and became comically unwatchable.

the singing didn't suck you in Gerald? What are you Man of Steel Man?
jimbow8   02-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Kenji Wrote:I've never seen Bay Watch...Wink

Oh, Kenji .... I weep for you. :p

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (3): 1 2 3