Pages (3):    1 2 3
bones weep tedium   03-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Maggers Wrote:Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I was referring to Hurley in the flash forwards, where they Oceanic 6 said over and over that they were starving on the Island. But I guess he could have put back all the "lost" weight very quickly once he got home.

Is this something that was said during Kate's trial? I can't think of any instances where they said they were starving.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Maggers   03-05-2008, 02:48 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Is this something that was said during Kate's trial? I can't think of any instances where they said they were starving.
Yes, it was said at least twice, maybe 3 times, during Kate's trial.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Sigokat   03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Ok, I finished Season 3 the other night and now I'm anxiously awaiting Season 4 to come out on DVD. (I cannot access abc.com from over here)

Well, I found out about Locke's paralysis and while I was surprised I was kind of disappointed as well. I mean it was pretty crazy how it happened, but I guess I was expecting something even more shocking. And now that I think about it, what was the point of that flashback of Locke and the pot growers? WTF was that all about?

I too was wondering about Richard and why he hasn't aged.

I saw the figure of Jacob and now I'm curious to learn more about him or it or whatever.

Overall, I have to say I like Ben's character the best. I'm actually so sick of the Oceanic 815 survivors that I'm hoping "the others" come out victorious in the end.

Does Season 4 reveal who the Oceanic 6 are and what that means? I have my suspicions of who they are but I'm still unsure of 2 or 3.

Also, the coffin in Jack's flashforward...who do you all think is in it? I have a 3 people in mind myself...

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Maggers   03-05-2008, 07:33 PM
sigokat Wrote:Ok, I finished Season 3 the other night and now I'm anxiously awaiting Season 4 to come out on DVD. (I cannot access abc.com from over here)....

Overall, I have to say I like Ben's character the best. I'm actually so sick of the Oceanic 815 survivors that I'm hoping "the others" come out victorious in the end....

I'm a complete LOST freak and a geek. I've never been this way about any other series or set of movies. I love the characters and the setting. Ben is da bomb; he's a great evil character who, in the end, may turn out to be not so evil after all. We don't know yet.

Quote:Well, I found out about Locke's paralysis and while I was surprised I was kind of disappointed as well. I mean it was pretty crazy how it happened, but I guess I was expecting something even more shocking
I was stunned by it; I didn't see that coming.

Quote:And now that I think about it, what was the point of that flashback of Locke and the pot growers? WTF was that all about?
That was a peculiar episode. I think it was meant to underscore Locke's daddy issues and his basic insecurities about who or what he really is.

Quote:Does Season 4 reveal who the Oceanic 6 are and what that means? I have my suspicions of who they are but I'm still unsure of 2 or 3.
Season 4 does begin that process, and at this time (beginning of March, 2008) we know only 4 of the Oceanic 6 for sure. We all have ideas about the other two.

Quote:Also, the coffin in Jack's flashforward...who do you all think is in it? I have a 3 people in mind myself...
Yes, I think it could be a variety of people, and my ideas change as I see additional episodes.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (3):    1 2 3