Pages (3):    1 2 3   
DaveStrorm   02-23-2008, 01:53 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Maybe Hurley ate the other two survivors!

Dang! Beat me to it. Just what I was going to say. :p
Sigokat   02-23-2008, 03:52 AM
I need to stop reading this thread as I am only half way through Season 2...but its so damn interesting I can't help but open it!

As for Kate...again, I'm only in Season 2 and I don't trust her already. She's shady. I've started to distrust Jack as well because he really seems to be trying to force the survivors into doing what he wants and only what he wants. Like when he, Locke, and Sawyer go looking for Michael after he takes off from the hatch to find Walt. Locke tells Jack (paraphrasing here) "what right does he have to tell anyone what they can or can't do?" I know that's kind of a play on Locke's whole "Don't tell me what I can't do!" thing...but Locke has a point...what right does Jack have to bring Michael back? Especially if Michael doesn't want to come back?

I have a question which as for me is still unanswered...do we find out what caused Locke's paralysis? If it does come up later in Season 2 or 3 please don't tell me what it is...I'm just wondering if it will come up and if it does than I can definitely wait till I get to whatever episiode it is in.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
DaveStrorm   02-23-2008, 10:56 AM
sigokat Wrote:I have a question which as for me is still unanswered...do we find out what caused Locke's paralysis? If it does come up later in Season 2 or 3 please don't tell me what it is...I'm just wondering if it will come up and if it does than I can definitely wait till I get to whatever episiode it is in.

Yes you'll find out in lots of detail . . . . Big Grin
Maggers   02-23-2008, 04:36 PM
DaveStrorm Wrote:
Yes you'll find out in lots of detail . . . . Big Grin

Sigokat, like Dave says....and more! You are in for a treat with this show. If I were you, I'd stop reading the threads now. You'll want to go to LOST blind, so to speak, not knowing anything.

Oh my, you've got so much to look forward to! Enjoy.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Sigokat   02-24-2008, 06:03 AM
Maggers Wrote:Sigokat, like Dave says....and more! You are in for a treat with this show. If I were you, I'd stop reading the threads now. You'll want to go to LOST blind, so to speak, not knowing anything.

Oh my, you've got so much to look forward to! Enjoy.

Ok, I'll stop reading then...I don't want to ruin anymore surprises.

I will just say this...I'm really getting annoyed by Jack...I"m sure it all has to do with the story/plot, but the guy is grating on my nerves. He's not a very good leader IMO, but since like one of the main characters, I guess he won't be dying anytime soon...damn.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Sigokat   02-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Who is Jacob?

Major K

Auskar   02-29-2008, 03:05 PM
They all irritate me.

Jacob is the mysterious invisible or dead dude that tells Ben what to do but does not tell Locke what to do.
Maggers   02-29-2008, 03:23 PM
sigokat Wrote:Who is Jacob?
Jacob is a mysterious "force" on the Island, and while I watch and study the show religiously, I couldn't tell you exactly who or what Jacob may be.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

bones weep tedium   03-05-2008, 07:34 AM
  • What is the smoke monster?

• What actually cured Locke's paralysis?

• What's up with that 4-toed statue?

• What made Rousseau's original crew sick, so sick that she felt she had to kill them to keep whatever it was from spreading into the world?

• What or who are the whisperers?
    Are they more of whatever Richard Alpert is? The Island's indigenous population?

• How come Richard Alpert hasn't aged?

• Where did Richard Alpert and his crew come from? How did they come to be on the Island?

• Where did Michael and Walt wind up?

• How come Hurley hasn't lost any significant weight?
    Don't forget that in the storyline of the show, they've only been on the island for 2 months or so. Does anyone have an official timeline?

• Why did little baby Aaron HAVE to born on the Island, as Claire's psychic said?

• What happened to the body of Desmond's hatch mate, Kelvin?

• Why was Desmond in military prison, besides being unable or unwilling to follow orders? What specifically happened that he was thrown into the brig?
    Sorrel speculated that the last episode is the reason for Desmond getting banged up. Him blacking out a lot is reason for being discharged, but if he wanders off a lot then that might get him in trouble too. I think there may be more on this . . .

• Who is Jacob?
    Jacob is the mysterious invisible or dead dude that tells Ben what to do but does not tell Locke what to do.

• What happened to Jack's Dad's body, and who sat it in a chair in Jacob's cabin?

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Maggers   03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:
  • How come Hurley hasn't lost any significant weight?
    Don't forget that in the storyline of the show, they've only been on the island for 2 months or so. Does anyone have an official timeline?
Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I was referring to Hurley in the flash forwards, where they Oceanic 6 said over and over that they were starving on the Island. But I guess he could have put back all the "lost" weight very quickly once he got home.

Quote:
  • Why was Desmond in military prison, besides being unable or unwilling to follow orders? What specifically happened that he was thrown into the brig?
    Sorrel speculated that the last episode is the reason for Desmond getting banged up. Him blacking out a lot is reason for being discharged, but if he wanders off a lot then that might get him in trouble too. I think there may be more on this . . .
  • I agree. I think he got into some very serious trouble with his time travel and may have caused some significant damage to someone or something, significant enough for a dishonorable discharge.

Reading is freedom.
    no limitations.
    A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
    You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (3):    1 2 3