Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Repairman Reynolds: To Beard or Not To Beard?Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
To Beard
10 (34.48%)
Not to Beard
19 (65.52%)
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
ccosborne3   02-12-2008, 10:36 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:.... and did anyone else, upon answering the poll, get sent to a completely different thread?

Yep, that happens nowadays. No biggie.

Isn't there any more recent beardless pics? That one looks like his high school graduation picture.
beowulf   02-13-2008, 01:43 AM
He was young in Van Wilder, I think a current, clean shaven Reynolds will look significantly different - especially with a few added pounds. But I would be in favor of a 5:00 shadow, I never pictured Jack being baby face clean.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Sigokat   02-13-2008, 01:56 AM
Wasn't Jack described in one of the book as actually being more on the plain to ugly side than the "gorgeous, smoking hot" that all the ladies want to see him as?

I still don't think Reynolds is a good choice...this is just another reason, but hey its not my movie!!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
webby   02-13-2008, 02:39 AM
.jpg
rr_4.jpg (Size: 22.25 KB Downloads: 333)

This is from Sept 2007. I still like him better with the beard, personally, but I had to vote "no beard" because that's what is right for Jack.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
phoenix rising   02-13-2008, 09:34 AM
He does look quite a bit older there than he did in Van Wilder or dare I mention it? Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Shop.... alot more rugged also.
fpw   02-13-2008, 10:21 AM
[SIZE="3"]I think a three-day stubble would be a workable compromise.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   02-13-2008, 11:25 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I think a three-day stubble would be a workable compromise.[/SIZE]

How sweet, you want to make all of us happy! Smile

EWMAN
Al-Dog   02-13-2008, 11:47 AM
My vote goes to the unshaved for three days or close beard look.

I always thought that Jack’s way of blending in would be to have a kind of maybe that guy is a construction worker, or cabbie, perhaps a graphic designer; maybe he’s a grad student kind of vibe.

Not too flashy, not too square. Looks like he works out, but not some sort of steroid freak, probably a runner.

Just a fairly typical New Yorker.
Noelie   02-13-2008, 12:49 PM
sigokat Wrote:Wasn't Jack described in one of the book as actually being more on the plain to ugly side than the "gorgeous, smoking hot" that all the ladies want to see him as?
Oh, I don't want to see Jack as gorgeous, smoking hot. I've always thought of him as just average. But Ryan Reynolds with a beard is gorgeous, smoking hot. Wink

I think that 3-day stubble might just be the ticket though.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
beowulf   02-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I think Jack would specifically NOT have a beard. It would be one more thing to make him standout. Police (or any other interested parties) would know to look for "a guy with a beard." A 5:00 shadow or 3 day stubble is less hard to describe and less noticeable when shaved.

I really like the casting. Reynolds is one of my favorite, young actors and he has shown that he can pull off more serious parts. I think if you mix his "Blade:Trinity" character (awful movie, but Reynolds stood out) with his character from "Smoking Aces" you get a solid Jack.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5