Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   02-06-2008, 04:58 PM
[SIZE="3"]Watched this again last night. It's even better on re-viewing. But I was struck this time by how much Mr. Incredible's boss looks like Stephen King. Anyone else see what I'm talking about?[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Noelie   02-06-2008, 05:12 PM
That's exactly who he looks like, but I couldn't figure it out til you said it. Every time I watch it, I think to myself, "Who the hell does he look like?!", one of those little things that drives you nuts. Thanks for clearing that up.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Scott Miller   02-06-2008, 06:38 PM
"They've penetrated the bureaucracy!" is one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Blake   02-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Ha! I never noticed that before! I definitely see it. Now I'll probably never be able to watch it without thinking of it.

My favorite character is Edna:

"I cut it a little roomy for the free movement... the fabric is comfortable for sensitive skin... and it can also withstand a temperature of over 1000 degrees! Completely bulletproof... and machine washable, darling. That's a new feature."

The look on her face when she makes the temperature comment is absolutely priceless.

My two-and-a-half-year-old daughter is hooked on The Incredibles and Ratatouille. She watches at least one of them almost every day. It's a testament to how great those movies are that I'm still not tired of either one!

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Kenji   02-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Stephen King....? Hmmm......not sure. [Image: confused0083.gif]

I'll see it again.

By the way, Edna looked like Linda Hunt.
Schwinn160   02-07-2008, 10:13 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Watched this again last night. It's even better on re-viewing. But I was struck this time by how much Mr. Incredible's boss looks like Stephen King. Anyone else see what I'm talking about?[/SIZE]

I thought this was going to be like the Wolverine vs. Spiderman thread. Big Grin

Stephen King would win, the Incredibles aren't nearly as scary.

And yes, he DOES look like him.
Noelie   02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I love Edna! "Fine. I will also fix the hobo suit." makes me laugh every time. Smile

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
GeraldRice   02-07-2008, 12:46 PM
I would have never thought of that. Isn't Stephen King a giant, tho?

Frozone looks a teeny bit like Samuel L. Jackson.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
beowulf   02-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I don't know about Stephen King but when Mr. Incredible throws the little jerk through the wall I giggle every time!

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
saynomore   02-07-2008, 10:43 PM
I initially thought it was a jab at SK's height, but if memory serves, isn't he like 6 foot something?

AC

P.S. And don't forget: Wallace Shawn voices the boss character.
Pages (2): 1 2