Pages (2): 1 2   
Flinx   01-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Jumper is the one movie I'm really waiting for this year.

It is based on the novel of the same name by Steven Gould.

I had doubts about it when I first heard about the storyline for it & the prequel comic being released, but today saw ads for it & it's starting to look good.
Kenji   01-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Flinx Wrote:Jumper is the one movie I'm really waiting for this year.

It is based on the novel of the same name by Steven Gould.

I had doubts about it when I first heard about the storyline for it & the prequel comic being released, but today saw ads for it & it's starting to look good.

I agree, Flinx. I'm looking forward to it. Ah....I wanna be jumper. Big Grin
Schwinn160   01-22-2008, 10:08 AM
I read the original, the sequel, and the new "prequel" for the movie. They explains some of the parts in the movie trailer. It will be awesome. There are two "known" jumpers that you see in the trailer- Davey (of course!) and Griffin (from the prequel). It's gonna be a nice Valentine's night date... Big Grin
Flinx   02-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Went to a preview session last Wednesday night.

Check out Steven Gould's website where he has comments/reviews good & bad about the movie.

Excellent special effects.

Didn't like some of the shaking hand held camera shots. But I had heard that the director is know for that, but never seen his other movies.

Possible spoilers.
Had an ending that was just left hanging with lots of unresolved events.

If you haven't read the books, then you probably will enjoy a good movie.

Because I am a fan of the books certain aspects of the movie annoyed me, namely the Paladins.

But I still enjoyed it and will probably try to see it again, plus will pick up the DVD.

Sorry I couldn't write a better review, but I'm not good a writing reviews.
Kenji   03-02-2008, 04:17 AM
Today I saw Jumper.

Visual effect and cinematography were excellent. Action sequences were terrific. I didn't know they took some scenes in Tokyo. Great! Cool

But.....but.....

But characters disappointed me. Especially David Rice. He's criminal, not hero! I expected that David would eventually get around to using his power to rescue some disaster's victims. But he didn't! I was surprised to his selfish choices...

The Paladins are bad role in this movie, but I'm side with The Paladins. Besides, I'm Samuel L. Jackson fan. Big Grin
Schwinn160   03-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Kenji Wrote:Today I saw Jumper.

Visual effect and cinematography were excellent. Action sequences were terrific. I didn't know they took some scenes in Tokyo. Great! Cool

But.....but.....

But characters disappointed me. Especially David Rice. He's criminal, not hero! I expected that David would eventually get around to using his power to rescue some disaster's victims. But he didn't! I was surprised to his selfish choices...

The Paladins are bad role in this movie, but I'm side with The Paladins. Besides, I'm Samuel L. Jackson fan. Big Grin

Have you read any of the books, Kenji? He DOES take his role as a "hero" more seriously in the books.
Kenji   03-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Schwinn160 Wrote:Have you read any of the books, Kenji? He DOES take his role as a "hero" more seriously in the books.

Really? That's cool! I'll read the books, someday. Smile

Thanks, Schwinn!
cobalt   10-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Jumper just arrived from Netflix in the mail. Guess I know what I'm watching tonight.

EWMAN
johntfs   10-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Hayden Christenson made me cringe a little during the Star Wars prequels, but I liked him in Jumper and liked the movie as a whole. It helps that Sam Jackson is in the movie and Sam Jackson improves celluloid just by appearing on it. No specific spoilers but look for the scene where Hayden's character is watching TV and note his reaction to what he's seeing.
cobalt   10-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Jumper was watched first last night. Although the Paladins are a "bit over the edge", Samuel L. was a great adversary. I just love where he was left....snicker....better than with the sharks.

EWMAN
Pages (2): 1 2