Kenji   10-18-2008, 08:39 AM
"Eagle Eye" is fast pace action thriller. Gun-shot action, car chase and hard car-clash action, escape,....... yeah, basically this is action movie. So I can say this is popcorn movie, but I forgot eating my popcorn while I was watching this. I was speechless with surprise.

You don't need to care of Shia LaBeouf's poor acting. I don't like him. But don't judge this movie by him. The plot was minutely, and it didn't give guessing time to me.

The beginning is simple. One day, when Jerry(Shia LaBeouf) returned to his apartment, he found a lot of stuff in his room. But those are not stuff he bought. Suddenly he received phone call. The voice said, "Run within 30 seconds. FBI's coming".

Soon he was arrested by FBI.

Okay, guys and gals, you already knew those scenes in the trailer, right? But they're just a beginning. [SPOILER]One huge enemy was behind Jerry and "activated" him. When I heard this word "activated", soon I realized "Oh, I got it! This is high intelligence computer!" But I was wrong about it. This is not high intelligence computer. It's "Ultimate version of HAL 9000". [/SPOILER]

If you want to see hard action thriller, I recommend this. Enjoy! Cool
saynomore   10-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Kenji Wrote:"Eagle Eye" is fast pace action thriller. Gun-shot action, car chase and hard car-clash action, escape,....... yeah, basically this is action movie. So I can say this is popcorn movie, but I forgot eating my popcorn while I was watching this. I was speechless with surprise.

You don't need to care of Shia LaBeouf's poor acting. I don't like him. But don't judge this movie by him. The plot was minutely, and it didn't give guessing time to me.

The beginning is simple. One day, when Jerry(Shia LaBeouf) returned to his apartment, he found a lot of stuff in his room. But those are not stuff he bought. Suddenly he received phone call. The voice said, "Run within 30 seconds. FBI's coming".

Soon he was arrested by FBI.

Okay, guys and gals, you already knew those scenes in the trailer, right? But they're just a beginning. [SPOILER]One huge enemy was behind Jerry and "activated" him. When I heard this word "activated", soon I realized "Oh, I got it! This is high intelligence computer!" But I was wrong about it. This is not high intelligence computer. It's "Ultimate version of HAL 9000". [/SPOILER]

If you want to see hard action thriller, I recommend this. Enjoy! Cool

This is WarGames meets Enemy of the State. Great Sci Fi. If Alfred Hitchcock ever directed a SF movie, this would be it. Last half hour, you'll be munching popcorn faster than you can chew.

AC

P.S. And I chew popcorn pretty quick, I tell ya.
Kenji   10-18-2008, 11:21 PM
saynomore Wrote:This is WarGames meets Enemy of the State. Great Sci Fi. If Alfred Hitchcock ever directed a SF movie, this would be it. Last half hour, you'll be munching popcorn faster than you can chew.

AC

P.S. And I chew popcorn pretty quick, I tell ya.

Oh sure! That last half hour reminded me of "[SPOILER]The Man Who Knew Too Much[/SPOILER]". Smile
Scott Miller   10-19-2008, 12:55 PM
I saw this on Friday morning with my son, and while I found it entertaining, Aria? was just way too omniscient for me. The action sequences were good, but I'm weary of the witty banter that takes place during these supposedly life-threatening situations. Two average people would be shitting their pants if such a thing ever happened to them, not trading quips. I thought LeBouf was pretty good in the lead, but I'm struggling with why he seems to be pegged as the next big thing. Overall, I'd say that this one could wait for a rent, but it is worth watching.

And it was weird to have the villian taking actions that I essentially agree with, not the killing part, but at least removing them from office.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels