Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7   
GeraldRice   02-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Hopefully 'we' find a way to return the baby before the mama comes a-lookin'.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
fpw   02-20-2008, 11:22 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Hopefully 'we' find a way to return the baby before the mama comes a-lookin'.

[SIZE="3"]That was the twist in Gorgo -- after they capture this big T-Rexish creature, bring it back to London, and put it on display in an outdoor arena, they learn that it's just a baby. Then momma comes for it. They throw everything at her as she carves a path through the city, but they can't stop her. She reunites with her baby and they swim off together.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
RichE   02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
And GORGO still holds up today too (saw that one on the big screen in 61)!
Miskatonic & Gin   02-21-2008, 12:25 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]That was the twist in Gorgo -- after they capture this big T-Rexish creature, bring it back to London, and put it on display in an outdoor arena, they learn that it's just a baby. Then momma comes for it. They throw everything at her as she carves a path through the city, but they can't stop her. She reunites with her baby and they swim off together.[/SIZE]

I was wondering if someone would bring up Gorgo. My first thought upon reading that article with director Matt Reeves was thinking of Gorgo and then thinking "If that's a baby I'd REALLY hate to see the momma".

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
beowulf   02-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:I was wondering if someone would bring up Gorgo. My first thought upon reading that article with director Matt Reeves was thinking of Gorgo and then thinking "If that's a baby I'd REALLY hate to see the momma".

I'm not sure which is more unique, a "Gorgo" reference....or a "Gamera" reference...

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
RichE   02-23-2008, 06:51 PM
There is a Korean movie that reminds me of "Clover" called THE HOST". It's a very well done monster flick-check it out!
RichE   02-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Speaking of GORGO, I was going through an old trunk of mine from my folk's attic and, what do you know?....
GORGO COMIC BOOKS!
Nice little surprise from the past!
Scott Miller   03-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I starred in Cloverfield several hundred times as a youth. I'm glad I saw it in the theatre, but wasn't blown away by it. I thought it lacked pace in some areas and could have used a bit more Clovey.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
fpw   03-02-2008, 12:36 PM
RichE Wrote:Speaking of GORGO, I was going through an old trunk of mine from my folk's attic and, what do you know?....
GORGO COMIC BOOKS!
Nice little surprise from the past!

[SIZE="3"]And drawn by Steve Ditko.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
RichE   03-02-2008, 03:35 PM
The artwork isn't really that bad and the storyline, especially the 'Red' line was a fun (if dangerous)reflection of the time. Love the poor shmoo who got thrown in the pokey as no one believed he saw Mama and Baby and the events around the tale!
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7