Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
IrishKKC   01-05-2008, 04:28 AM
I'm curious. What do you guys think are the best cinematic deaths? What I mean is who do you remember dying in certain movies?

I got 4. Willem DaFoe in Platoon. Jake Gyllenhaal in Donnie Darko. Vincent D'Onofrio in Full Metal Jacket and James Caan in The Godfather. What do you guys think are the most memorable deaths?
Kenji   01-05-2008, 09:42 AM
* Michael Biehn in The Abyss

* Robert Blake in Electra Glide in Blue

* Rutgar Hauer in Blade Runner

* Alan Rickman in Die Hard

* Ken Watanabe in The Last Samurai
fpw   01-05-2008, 10:51 AM
[SIZE="3"]The one I can watch over and over (I'm serious) is Pee Wee Herman's death scene in the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer film. Hilarious.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Noelie   01-05-2008, 01:12 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]The one I can watch over and over (I'm serious) is Pee Wee Herman's death scene in the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer film. Hilarious.[/SIZE]

I was just about to post that same thing! Big Grin

I love the Alan Rickman death scene in Die Hard as well, Kenji. I know there are others, but I just can't seem to think of them right now.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
webby   01-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Alan Rickman in Die Hard - definitely!

Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz. Big Grin

Can't think of any others at the moment...

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GeraldRice   01-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Michael Ironside in Total Recall. He pauses, looks up and screams just in time to see his own arms get chopped off.

Matthew McCaughnehey in that dragon movie with Christian Bale. He knew there was no way he was getting out alive, and yet...

Samuel L Jackson in Jackie Brown. He thinks he's about to kill her, not knowing she has all the power, yells for the feds in the back, they bust in and shoot and he's laying on the floor dead before he knows what's happened.

Everybody Viggo Mortenson killed in A History of Violence. He was poetry, man. Poetry.

The desk clerk at the police station in The Terminator. He thought he was all safe, doing his paperwork, thinking about that liver and onions in the fridge and BOOM!

Syndrome in the Incredibles.

Leonidas in 300. Look at all dem arrows.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
XiaoYu   01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Highlight to see names...avoid if you haven't seen the movie!

Brad Pitt & Anthony Hopkins in Meet Joe Black. Brad's made me jump. And the ending gave me shivers.

Leo in Titanic.

Jet Li in Hero.

Denzel Washington in Man on Fire.

Kate Winslet in Finding Neverland.

Johnny Depp in Sweeny Todd Smile
This post was last modified: 01-06-2008, 03:59 PM by XiaoYu.

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
XiaoYu   01-05-2008, 03:54 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:The desk clerk at the police station in The Terminator. He thought he was all safe, doing his paperwork, thinking about that liver and onions in the fridge and BOOM!
I forget if this is Terminator 1 or 2, but that person who got skewered through the throat while drinking a carton of something. Milk? Juice? I still remember that death, even though the details of the movie escape me.

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
GeraldRice   01-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Terminator 2. You're right, though. It was so shocking simply because no one had ever seen ANYTHING like the T1000. I saw that in a theater and each time they had an effect with him the audience ooed and awed.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Aprilis   01-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Final Destination 1
when that girl stepped out in front of the bus

and damnit I shouldnt have read this thread because I havent seen Blade Runner or Sweeny Todd yet ...
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4