Pages (2): 1 2   
Maggers   12-31-2007, 03:25 AM
ATONEMENT is not the movie I thought it would be. I expected a love story circa WWII England, and it is that, but so much more. I'm not a fan of Keira Knightly. I find her pinched face and chronic pained expression difficult to watch. But she was terrific here, and that's high praise coming from me about that particular actress. Up to this point, for me James McAvoy has been the large-nippled fawn in THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA. He creeped me out so profoundly in NARNIA that I've all but forgotten him in THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND. But he, too, is terrific in ATONEMENT. Who knew I'd be so surprised by the leads.

The biggest surprise for me, though, is the story. I won't say anything about it here. See the film without knowing much about it. I liked the pacing, the way time was used, and the beautiful look of it. It should win an award for costumes, or at least a nomination.

Keep your eye on Saoirse Ronan, a young girl who plays a pivotal role. She's terrific, too.

I was going to skip ATONEMENT because of my natural aversion to Knightley and McAvoy. I am glad I didn't.

I've read some negative reviews of ATONEMENT. Well, that's what makes the world go round. I didn't find it a waste of my time.
This post was last modified: 12-31-2007, 03:37 AM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   12-31-2007, 03:36 AM
Maggers Wrote:I'm not a fan of Keira Knightly. I find her pinched face and chronic pained expression difficult to watch.

It helps to focus solely on her boobs. They're quite perky.
Maggers   12-31-2007, 03:39 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:It helps to focus solely on her boobs. They're quite perky.

Good god, man, they are nonexistent! There was a shot of her lying on her back in bathing suit. She's on a diving board, and it's harder to say which is flatter.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   12-31-2007, 04:26 AM
Maggers Wrote:Good god, man, they are nonexistent! There was a shot of her lying on her back in bathing suit. She's on a diving board, and it's harder to say which is flatter.

Ha! I don't know about that one Maggers. I saw her in a film (can't remember which one) and distinctly remember thinking " Those be some perky boobies".Smile

Unless it was CGI.
ccosborne3   12-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Just did a quick internet search to help my effort to legitimize Keira Knightley's boobs. I've been bamboozled (see link). Turns out her boobs have been CGI'd a bunch of times. She's nothing but a dirty flat-chested fraud.

defamer.com/topic/keira-knightley-bazoomed-for-king-arthur-promotion-017426.php
Maggers   12-31-2007, 07:11 PM
It's not my intention to get all over a woman for how she looks, or what her body shape is. God knows I have body issues and could be dragged over the coals for my shape, were I a film star. But there were several moments in the film when her thinness caught and kept my attention, taking me out of the movie and into my own head, where I feared for Knightley's health because she is so thin. I hope she's healthy. That's my concern.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-31-2007, 07:16 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Just did a quick internet search to help my effort to legitimize Keira Knightley's boobs. I've been bamboozled (see link). Turns out her boobs have been CGI'd a bunch of times. She's nothing but a dirty flat-chested fraud.

defamer.com/topic/keira-knightley-bazoomed-for-king-arthur-promotion-017426.php

A woman with a modest bosom is "dirty" and a
fraud", ccos?
ccosborne3   12-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Click The Link.
ccosborne3   12-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:A woman with a modest bosom is "dirty" and a
fraud", ccos?

Dirty and a fraud, that is correct. Not because of the size of her breasts but because of the effort expended by Hollywood to make her breasts seem larger in ad campaigns. A practice that she condones if not endorses.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-31-2007, 08:03 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Dirty and a fraud, that is correct. Not because of the size of her breasts but because of the effort expended by Hollywood to make her breasts seem larger in ad campaigns. A practice that she condones if not endorses.

Do you think she has power over the studio's ad campaign?
Pages (2): 1 2