Pages (2):    1 2
Maggers   12-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Enough with body types. Let's get back to the movie, ATONEMENT.

I was thinking about it some more. Someone else will need to confirm this for me after they see the film, but I believe there is an extraordinary tracking shot that goes on for minutes on end through a difficult scene on the beach at Dunkirk. It took me a few minutes into the scene before I realized what I was watching, which is why I need someone else to confirm it. Even as much of the scene as I saw after I realized it was done all in one shot was awesome. Ok, that was an awkward sentence, but you get my drift.
This post was last modified: 01-04-2008, 06:47 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-31-2007, 08:18 PM
Maggers Wrote:Enough with body types. Let's get back to the movie, ATONEMENT.

I was thinking about it some more. Someone else will need to confirm this for me after they see the film, but I believe there is an extraordinary tracking shot that goes on for minutes on end through a difficult scene on the beach at Dunkirk. It took me a few minutes into the scene before I realized what I was watching, which is why I need someone else to confirm it. Even as much of the scene as I saw it after I realized it was done all in one shot was awesome. Ok, that was an awkward sentence, but you get my drift.

Haven't seen the flick, maggers, but reviews I've read mention that scene too. Dunkirk. Has there been a flick that does justice to that...scene? battle? situation? epic? The Royal Navy did the biggest job of evacuating the BEF, but the image of Englishmen fisherman manning their boats to cross the Channel and rescue the troops will live in the human imagination forever. (And how's =that= for an awkward sentence!?:p ) Halting the panzers when they could have rounded-up Britain's entire army was a Hitler mistake on a par with invading the Soviet Union, and declaring war on the United States.
Dave   01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Maggers Wrote:Enough with body types. Let's get back to the movie, ATONEMENT.

I was thinking about it some more. Someone else will need to confirm this for me after they see the film, but I believe there is an extraordinary tracking shot that goes on for minutes on end through a difficult scene on the beach at Dunkirk. It took me a few minutes into the scene before I realized what I was watching, which is why I need someone else to confirm it. Even as much of the scene as I saw it after I realized it was done all in one shot was awesome. Ok, that was an awkward sentence, but you get my drift.
Yeah, it is a terrific shot, Maggers, and a great film. One of my favourites for the year.

Mike, it doesn't show the rescue, it shows the beach as they waited. Didn't want to get your hopes up of a Troy like experience.

Dave
Pages (2):    1 2