Pages (3):    1 2 3
GeraldRice   12-18-2007, 06:33 PM
APhew Wrote:JC's The Thing

Quote:

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

I don't know why, especially considering I've never seen the movie, but I think this is Death and the Maiden. Am I right?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Blake   12-18-2007, 07:41 PM
APhew Wrote:Quote:

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

Grosse Point Blank.

Here's an easy one (I think I remember it right):

"Oh, come on! Be honest! Which one of you wouldn't rather listen to his hairdresser than Hercules? Or Horatius... or Orpheus... people so lofty they sound as if they shit marble!"

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Barry Lee Dejasu   12-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Blake Wrote:Here's an easy one (I think I remember it right):

"Oh, come on! Be honest! Which one of you wouldn't rather listen to his hairdresser than Hercules? Or Horatius... or Orpheus... people so lofty they sound as if they shit marble!"

Easy? Hah! - I sure couldn't get it at first!

Tom Hulce as the titular character in Amadeus.

Now here's an easy one: "The drapes. He wanted to change the drapes in the Psychotic Game Room."

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
IanSF   12-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Easy? Hah! - I sure couldn't get it at first!

Tom Hulce as the titular character in Amadeus.

Now here's an easy one: "The drapes. He wanted to change the drapes in the Psychotic Game Room."
Mel Brooks' High Anxiety

I'll repeat my quote from earlier that seems to have got lost:

"Damn, I'm so tired of this "I'm an American" bull! Where was all that patriotism when it counted? Where was that willingness to sacrifice? Nobody wanted to join the damn army to defend the country unless they got paid well! Nobody wanted to give any time to public service unless they could make a career out of it! And I didn't notice a lot of us giving up our lives in the last 10 years!"
Schwinn160   12-27-2007, 11:33 AM
IanSF Wrote:Mel Brooks' High Anxiety

I'll repeat my quote from earlier that seems to have got lost:

"Damn, I'm so tired of this "I'm an American" bull! Where was all that patriotism when it counted? Where was that willingness to sacrifice? Nobody wanted to join the damn army to defend the country unless they got paid well! Nobody wanted to give any time to public service unless they could make a career out of it! And I didn't notice a lot of us giving up our lives in the last 10 years!"

That wouldn't happen to be "Amerika", would it?

Mine:
Character 2: Well, who is on our side?
Character 1: Six hundred million screaming Chinamen.
Character 2: Last I heard, there were a billion screaming Chinamen.
Character 1: There were.
Pages (3):    1 2 3