Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Barry Lee Dejasu   12-06-2007, 03:25 PM
"I'll be back." TERMINATOR!
"Here's looking at you, kid." CASABLANCA!
"There's no place like home..." THE WIZARD OF OZ!
"You know something? Nobody gives a RAT'S ass that you have to push the toast down twice. You know why? Because EVERYBODY pushes the toast down twice!" Umm...?

If that didn't make sense to you, I'll explain it simply: try and guess the previous post's movie quote. If you can get it, post the answer and put up another line/quote from a movie that hasn't been repeated infinitely in pop culture for the next person's torment--er, pleasure. Oh, and try and make it more than just one little line, if you can. Just putting "What do you want from me?" doesn't mean everybody will get the Rear Window reference.

Oh, and to refer to the above: it was Meg Ryan in Kate & Leopold.

I'll start...and I'll make it a little easy so all the other 25-year-olds who weren't raised on Fred Astaire, Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, the Marx Brothers, and Danny Kaye can stand a chance at getting it.

"I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah...holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Tony H   12-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:"I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah...holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

One of my favorite movies. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Now my quote. "Childhood's over the moment you know you're going to die."

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
IanSF   12-06-2007, 03:51 PM
AsMoral Wrote:One of my favorite movies. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Now my quote. "Childhood's over the moment you know you're going to die."
Ahh! Top Dollar's line with the snow-globe from 'The Crow'.

Loosely maintaining the seasonal theme try this little bit of dialogue:

It's okay if I look in the window, just as long as I don't touch.
Yeah, well just don't go putting anything on the layaway plan!
Aprilis   12-07-2007, 12:31 AM
IanSF Wrote:Ahh! Top Dollar's line with the snow-globe from 'The Crow'.

Loosely maintaining the seasonal theme try this little bit of dialogue:

It's okay if I look in the window, just as long as I don't touch.
Yeah, well just don't go putting anything on the layaway plan!

'The preacher's wife' although I prefer 'the bishop's wife' because it has Cary Grant Smile

"Will you look at that! Look how she moves! It's like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex!"
Sigokat   12-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:I'll start...and I'll make it a little easy so all the other 25-year-olds who weren't raised on Fred Astaire, Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, the Marx Brothers, and Danny Kaye can stand a chance at getting it.

Just a little presumptious wouldn't you say? Granted I'm sure there are a lot of people in our age group (20-30) that don't know these people but don't assume we're are all a bunch a cinematic retards just because of our age. (Yes I know you are 25) I probably have more Humphrey Bogart paraphenlia then most people who "grew up" watching his movies or in the decades shortly after his death. And the only reason I haven't converted many of my old Bogie and Cary Grant movies to DVD yet is because I can't stand tehnicolor...Bringing Up Baby in technicolor?? A travesty.

You are not special.

Rolleyes

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Maggers   12-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Aprilis Wrote:"Will you look at that! Look how she moves! It's like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex!"

I think that's from SOME LIKE IT HOT, said about Marilyn Monroe.

I've got to run, so I don't have time to think of a new quote. I'll leave that to someone else.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

bones weep tedium   12-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Maggers is always spoiling the fun :p

"Fuck California."

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Barry Lee Dejasu   12-09-2007, 05:20 PM
sigokat Wrote:Just a little presumptious wouldn't you say? Granted I'm sure there are a lot of people in our age group (20-30) that don't know these people but don't assume we're are all a bunch a cinematic retards just because of our age.
You are not special.

Okay, a simple "Hey, I like old movies too!" would have worked, but...

And where are you getting your DVDs? Bringing Up Baby and scores of Bogie and other Cary Grant movies are in good ol' black-and-white DVDs...

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Aprilis   12-11-2007, 04:18 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Okay, a simple "Hey, I like old movies too!" would have worked, but...

And where are you getting your DVDs? Bringing Up Baby and scores of Bogie and other Cary Grant movies are in good ol' black-and-white DVDs...

I just bought 'It's a wonderful life" and it came with 2 disks - one in BW and one in color. And which version did I watch? BW of course Smile

And I have about 25 Cary Grant movies on DVD many in BW - the ony ones in color were filmed that way.
Sigokat   12-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Okay, a simple "Hey, I like old movies too!" would have worked, but...

yeah that would have worked but I felt like making a big deal out of it! You trying to take away my freedom of speech??? Rolleyes But that's ok, next time I'll be a good little boy and "play nice" just for all of you.

Well, the ones that I tried to buy on Amazon were listed as color, but it was awhile ago that I looked. Sorry, no Best Buy here in the desert. Rolleyes

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (3): 1 2 3