Pages (2):    1 2
Kenji   12-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:Although not 1 character I really dig the Kenton brothers from The Haunted Air. Those two could easily carry a series of books. hint...hint...

Oh yeah! I love Kenton Brothers! They are great characters in RJ series. Big Grin

But thread title said "Besides RJ", so I didn't mention about them.
Fenian1916   12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I know he isn't a person but I'd go with Mauricio from Conspiracies. He made me laugh but if you don't like evil monkey monsters there is always good old Parabellum.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Maggers   12-06-2007, 02:15 PM
[SIZE="7"]POPPY![/SIZE]

No two ways about it, Poppy, from DEEP AS THE MARROW, is a magnificent heroine. I've said it a million times on this board. I want to see more of Poppy, and I'm hoping, somehow, she can be tied in to the new RJ YA series. It would be fun to link other DEEP AS THE MARROW characters to young RJ in some way. DEEP is my favorite non-RJ book, without a doubt.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

RichE   12-06-2007, 03:02 PM
HEY PEOPLE!!!!! WHAT ABOUT ABE????????
And of course those 'high' flyin good ole boys....
THE ASHE BROTHERS!
luthie2   12-06-2007, 07:47 PM
RichE Wrote:HEY PEOPLE!!!!! WHAT ABOUT ABE????????
And of course those 'high' flyin good ole boys....
THE ASHE BROTHERS!

LOL - I was just going to mention the Ashe brothers. Gotta love them.

And the Kenton Brothers.

-Luthie
cobalt   12-06-2007, 10:21 PM
I just want to put my vote in for the characters from The LaNague series. Pard and Dalt.

EWMAN
Biggles   12-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Outside of Jack, who is your favorite person created by FPW. Mine would be Father Bill. He is probably the most decent person I've ever met in fiction. Everything he held dear was taken from him(in the most gruesome methods possible) and he still found ways to remain true to himself.

Peter LaNague.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   12-08-2007, 08:41 PM
webby Wrote:Yep - Dalt and Pard. Love 'em.

I'll also add Peter LaNague to the list. Wink

Peter LaNague was my pick. He stood for everything good, decent and true.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
phoenix rising   12-08-2007, 08:45 PM
It is a tough call considering the Man has yet to create a character that I didn't love or at least love to hate. Glaeken definately holds a place in my heart though, and therefore his opponent holds the equal and opposite dark hole in my soul....
KRW   12-08-2007, 09:18 PM
This is such a tough question!Big Grin Geez... let me think, hummm. Well, I think Jake Naught reminds me the most of Jack, but I really liked the moral stance that Pard, and LaNague have. Don't forget about the loyalty of Ba, Abe, and Tome. The guts shown by Poppy, Romy, and the main Japenese guy in "Black Wind"(forgive me, I've leant the book to a friend a few years back and it hasn't been returned, I think his name was Matsumo....). I guess what I'm getting at is that I can't choose. Father Bill has stood up under extreme pressure, he's probably strongest in charecter, second to Jack. (And though the books haven't been written, Jack's probably second to Glaeken.) Geez.....
Pages (2):    1 2