Paul R   12-01-2007, 06:10 AM
Had an email from Barry at Gauntlet the other day asking whether I'd be interested in buying the limited 10th Anniversary of Legacies when it comes out in the Autumn (that's 'Fall' to you guys Over There) of next year. He's trying to get a feel for how many copies would be required and I said I'd ask on here to give him an idea.
He asks that if anyone's interested, can they contact him here:
Gauntlet66@aol.com

"I handed in the new RJ novel with the
working title, BY THE SWORD. David says the sales force loved the title at the
pre Turkey-Day sales meeting, so that's what it will be. That means Paul Ramplin
gets a credit line in the acknowledgments.
"
Dave F   12-01-2007, 06:35 AM
Paul R Wrote:Had an email from Barry at Gauntlet the other day asking whether I'd be interested in buying the limited 10th Anniversary of Legacies when it comes out in the Autumn (that's 'Fall' to you guys Over There) of next year. He's trying to get a feel for how many copies would be required and I said I'd ask on here to give him an idea.
He asks that if anyone's interested, can they contact him here:
Gauntlet66@aol.com

I e-mailed Barry a while ago to ask if this was happening

Quote:I also saw on the FPW site that a limited edition of Legacies is going to be published & that it is available for pre order.

###

We will be publishing the book. We will have preorders, but NOT until January 1. I still haven't talked to Paul about bonus material to go into the book. It's not priced yet. And, he's just finishing up his adult RJ book which takes precedence. So, just be patient. No dealer will have any details until we have a webpage.

Best,
Barry

So looks good, but I'll reply anyway to encourage the publication

The artist formally known as Britfan
fpw   12-01-2007, 09:16 AM
[SIZE="3"]This edition was sparked by requests from collectors. Neither Barry nor I had thought there would be a market for it.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Dave F   12-01-2007, 09:49 AM
fpw Wrote:This edition was sparked by requests from collectors. Neither Barry nor I had thought there would be a market for it.

Legacies is still a stand out novel for me

Partly because it was so long since there had been a Jack novel (and also for me the first FPW novel I had been able to find in ages, thanks to my discovering amazon)

On top of that it also includes my favorite fix - the Santa scene

Really hoping this ones comes off

RichE   12-01-2007, 08:16 PM
I still bust a gut over the Santa scene! I find it as funny as the bouncing tires in "All The Rage".
Dave F   12-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Woooooo hoooooooooooooooo

Coming in 2008: LEGACIES by F. Paul Wilson

Just a reminder that come January 1 you will be able to order the 10th Anniversary edition of the only published Repairman Jack novel not to be released as a signed limited, LEGACIES. The first 100 who pre-order will receive a signed print of the book's cover art. We're asking customers to pre-order early so we can determine whether to print 350 copies or 500 copies. We're tentatively pricing the book at $60 for the numbered edition. If we decide to print just 350 copies, however, the price will increase to $75. However, anyone who pre-orders the book while it's priced at $60 will not have to pay more if we increase the price. Those not ordering from Gauntlet will pay the final cost of the work, whether it be $60 or $75.