SSR777   10-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Post may contain Spoilers! Please don't read any further if you don't want to see any.

Okay, so I just finished Sims. What else can I say but "Wow"? A damn good book, one of my favorite non-Jack books. So now on to the questions.

I noticed on the reference page that Legacies and Sims were connected and from reading the forums and the book I found it was because of the Kaze Group connection. So that got me thinking. Does this mean Sims is part of the RJ world? Or did you (Mr. Wilson) just throw that in there as a cool way to make us RJ fans go "Ooooh hey! That group was mentioned in Legacies!" If not and Sims is part of the same world and such how come Jack has never mentioned a Sim before?

Next qestion. These last two are directed to Mr. Wilson (or anyone with the knowledge) What happend to Romy and Patrick? Did they ever get married or start a relationship? Or is that for the reader to decide?

And last but not least. Do you plan to ever write a sequel or prequel (in form of book or short story) about any of the characters again?

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read the post and answer my questions. Thanks again.

Life really sucked sometimes. But it didnt have to suck all the time. Sometimes things could be fixed.

- Jack
Dave   10-23-2007, 10:47 AM
SIMS minor spoiler!!!

SSR777 Wrote:I noticed on the reference page that Legacies and Sims were connected and from reading the forums and the book I found it was because of the Kaze Group connection. So that got me thinking. Does this mean Sims is part of the RJ world? Or did you (Mr. Wilson) just throw that in there as a cool way to make us RJ fans go "Ooooh hey! That group was mentioned in Legacies!" If not and Sims is part of the same world and such how come Jack has never mentioned a Sim before?
This has been asked before and as I recall the reference to the Kaze Group was more a nod to regular readers than a declaration that they were in the same universe.

I created the reference table about the time Sims came out (hence it being slightly out of date now) and the first draft I sent contained Sims between Legacies and Masque. If you look closer you'll see it isn't on there now, you may have been confused with Sibs.

I was asked not to include it because of any confusion with the evolving RJ/AC universe.

As to the other questions, I'll leave those to the professionals.

Cheers

Dave
fpw   10-23-2007, 12:48 PM
SSR777 Wrote:I noticed on the reference page that Legacies and Sims were connected and from reading the forums and the book I found it was because of the Kaze Group connection. So that got me thinking. Does this mean Sims is part of the RJ world? Or did you (Mr. Wilson) just throw that in there as a cool way to make us RJ fans go "Ooooh hey! That group was mentioned in Legacies!" If not and Sims is part of the same world and such how come Jack has never mentioned a Sim before?

[SIZE="3"]Ever hear of the multiverse theory? That could explain it.

Or maybe I throw those things in for the sheer hell of it.

AS for continuing the story, no. You're welcome to decide on your own what happened to the characters.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Fenian1916   10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Ever hear of the multiverse theory? That could explain it.

AS for continuing the story, no. You're welcome to decide on your own what happened to the characters.[/SIZE]

The Michael Moorcock multiverse? Is Jack one of the Eternal Champions?

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
SSR777   10-23-2007, 08:53 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Ever hear of the multiverse theory? That could explain it.

Thanks to those who replied and a big thanks to you Mr. Wilson. I kinda figured it would be a multiverse thing but just wanted to know for certain. As for not follow up story regarding the characters gotcha.

Life really sucked sometimes. But it didnt have to suck all the time. Sometimes things could be fixed.

- Jack
Auskar   10-24-2007, 05:05 AM
I open up the thread and it says, "May contain spoilers"...

...but it doesn't say spoilers to what.
Silverfish   10-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Auskar Wrote:I open up the thread and it says, "May contain spoilers"...

...but it doesn't say spoilers to what.

Spoilers for what you are going to eat for breakfast tomorrow.

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Oxenberger   10-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Silverfish Wrote:

Spoilers for what you are going to eat for breakfast tomorrow.

Hmmm. Well make sure you make it something good, perhaps scrapple?!?