Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Marc   01-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Well it's as I fear (though not surprising) Sarah Connor Chronicles was terrible. The acting was very wooden, I don't understand why the good terminator is pretending to be a student in high school... it was all just very lame. I predict this series will be cancelled pretty quickly.
Blake   01-14-2008, 04:33 PM
The jury is still out for me. The production values are definitely lower, but hey, it's TV and it's not James Cameron. I'm still going to give it a chance because I think I already like it better than Terminator 3.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
ccosborne3   01-14-2008, 05:06 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Terminator 3 was insipid rubbish that I have already forgotten the gist of.

I think it was built around the female Terminator's expandable Terminator boobs. Everything else was fluff.
This post was last modified: 01-14-2008, 05:09 PM by ccosborne3.
ccosborne3   01-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Blake Wrote:The jury is still out for me. The production values are definitely lower, but hey, it's TV and it's not James Cameron. I'm still going to give it a chance because I think I already like it better than Terminator 3.

Blake

The second movie was a technological marvel. The new show is too much of a drop off. And why no liquid Terminators? I thought they were the superior Terminator.
Flinx   01-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Kenji Wrote:<snip> But any TV series has good side of their own. For example, "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate:Atlantis". We know they came out from the movie, and surprisingly they're still continuing! I like these TV series. <snip>
The exception to that rule is Highlander: The Series.
Kenji   01-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Flinx Wrote:The exception to that rule is Highlander: The Series.

And "Starman". Robert Hays? Not Jeff Bridges? :eek:
GeraldRice   01-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Well it's as I fear (though not surprising) Sarah Connor Chronicles was terrible. The acting was very wooden, I don't understand why the good terminator is pretending to be a student in high school... it was all just very lame. I predict this series will be cancelled pretty quickly.

I missed the first ep entirely, but from what I saw last night I'd guess she was in high school to protect John. What doesn't make sense is everything John NEEDS for survival can't be found in high school. Sarah either has the knowledge or has a means to attain it.

It was gross/cool the terminator that used that dude's head as a replacement until it could get its own, but what was the purpose of that, exactly? And aren't we risking over-saturation if every week there's a new terminator in the past? I can't really judge it too much because I haven't seen enough of it but I get the feeling every week there's going to be the "learning curve" for the female terminator. That is going to wear thin with its 80s-ishness if it continues.

Love to see how this will coincide with the next movie.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Marc   01-15-2008, 12:49 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I missed the first ep entirely, but from what I saw last night I'd guess she was in high school to protect John.

Monday's night episode was better. It didn't feel quite as forced as the pilot.

Speaking pilot, what I was referring to was that the terminator was already at the high school as a student waiting for John. Even if she knew when he'd be arriving there it still doesn't make any sense for her to pretend to be a student and wait for him. Plus she was too "I'm a teenage girl... look how cute I am because of my flirtatious smile." A terminator wouldn't do that.
saynomore   01-16-2008, 01:58 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:The second movie was a technological marvel. The new show is too much of a drop off. And why no liquid Terminators? I thought they were the superior Terminator.

The liquid Terminator was a prototype, that is, one of a kind. Before it could be mass produced, it was sent back to kill John Connors. If it had succeeded, there wouldn't have been any need to produce more than the one. And if it didn't succeed, it was back to the drawing board and on with the use of the old Terminator.

AC

P.S. I have a PhD in Geekology. Wink
jacobm   01-16-2008, 02:37 PM
I used to wonder, if they could travel in time so easily, why not just go back a few generations and bump off an ancestor? Actually, that would be a better premise than this rubbish...every week a T goes back in time to a different era to face some John Connor family tree limb. T versus cowboy Connors, T versus WWII Connors on Guam, T versus Revolutionary War Connors...nah, bad idea
Pages (3):    1 2 3