thisisatest   10-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Steve D

How such a great historical battle as the Spanish Armada's defeat by the British in 1588 could be filmed so clumsily is a slap in the face to history. The entire battle against the Armada is glossed over quickly, when it should have made up at least the last third of he movie. Instead, we get a romantic triangle. And where's Sir Francis Drake? Walter Raleigh was ashore during the battle, not swashbuckling aboard one of the awesome fire ships.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age is a great disappointment. When I saw that there was a movie of this battle coming to the big screen, I nearly wept with joy. But there were only tears of disappointment when I finally saw the movie.

History buffs and action fans, rent the dvd. And have the fast-forward handy.

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
Auskar   10-19-2007, 07:32 PM
thisisatest Wrote:When I saw that there was a movie of this battle coming to the big screen, I nearly wept with joy. But there were only tears of disappointment when I finally saw the movie.
This movie wasn't made for men, so you shouldn't have been surprised. This is a sequel to a previous Elizabeth chick-flick. Of course you're going to get love affairs more than naval battles.