Pages (3):    1 2 3
Ken Valentine   10-09-2007, 02:21 AM
Auskar Wrote:I guess what I'm asking is, "Is it necessary to read all the other 'Adversary Cycle' stories in order for Nightworld to make any sense?" I tried to read them. I read The Keep, but it was a struggle for me - not because it is a bad book, but because I've got no real interest in horror unless there are lots of fights.

I suppose it's not really necessary, but there are a lot of characters who play a major part in NIGHTWORLD, who were introduced in the other Adversary novels, and it would definitely help to know their backgrounds and how they fit in.

At least read THE TOUCH. There's a supernatural aspect to the book, but I wouldn't really call it a horror story.

Ken V.
metllicamilitia   10-10-2007, 11:15 AM
All right, I finished the book last night. I gotta say, what a great ending to a great story. Could one you mods put a spoiler warning in the thread title please?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Sorry for all that, but I had to be sure people saw it. Well there are some unanswered questions of course. One, what's the deal with Jack going to the little girl with the dog (I know she's a Lady). How did Parabellum survive lol? That's really just something to wonder about. Why did the light follow Glaeken and his sword in this one but not The Keep? I'll think of some others I had that I can't remember right now and post them later. I did like how it actually took a few pages to kill Rasalom rather than a paragraph or a couple of sentances. I hate it when big nemeses are killed that easily. Great book and I can't wait to find out the missing story. Oh! I remembered one, what about Dawn and her baby? They weren't even in Nightworld. I wonder when that gets resolved.

"And the rain will kill us all, we throw ourselves against the wall, but no else can see, the preservation of the martyr in me" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"I, am a worm before I am a man, I, was a creature before I could stand, I, will remember before I forget, before I forget this" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"Dead visions in your name, dead fingers in my veins, dead memories in my heart" - Corey Taylor
Pages (3):    1 2 3