Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8
Schwinn160   05-01-2008, 03:02 PM
law dawg Wrote:You know the latest one (Small Favor) came out last month? Awesome. Smile

Already got it on the shelf...

I'm sharing the books with two other people, and I was stuck holding White Night a few weeks ago (Easter gift) right after I finished the 4th or 5th book. I didn't have a way to get the next books for a while, so I went ahead and read White Night. Since then, I've gone through the following books, and I decided to read it again to get the puzzle pieces firmly set in my mind.

It's just as good the second time around. Smile

The books are SO funny in some parts. That makes it so much better!

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write something worth reading or do things worth the writing."
Benjamin Franklin

I'm the original me©. Big Grin
Libby   05-01-2008, 07:33 PM
To get back on subject, I think that Jack should meet Rumo the Wolperting. He is a character in a book by Walter Moers. They take place on the continent of Zamonia. Good books, and Wolpertings could take on Rakoshi, and have a chance of winning without fire, for even Rakoshi cannot live in a million pieces.Big Grin

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
icarusflu   05-02-2008, 01:39 AM
I don't know if anyone else has read Bradley Denton's novel Blackburn but I could see Jack and Jimmy Blackburn at opposite ends of a bar, eyeing each other, each waiting for the other to pull out their gun and start shooting

icarus
Al-Dog   05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
law dawg Wrote:Then I thought about John Rain and RJ together . . .

I was going to say John Rain, but I see that you’ve beat me to it.

They could compare notes on how to live undetected by mainstream society.
Libby   05-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Maybe Jack and the Desrtoyer series could get together. That would be cool...

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Libby   05-03-2008, 10:35 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:Thanks for agreeing w/ me. (Post #62)

Didn't realize that had already been posted.Big Grin

RichE   05-04-2008, 10:30 AM
As I said earlier I can see Jack taking Gia on a little trip for some peace and quiet. They end up in Paradise, Mass and run into Robert Parker's troubled, hard drinking police chief Jesse Stone (Tom Selleck plays him in the wonderful tv films based on these novels: "DEATH IN PARADISE", "STONE COLD", "NIGHT PASSAGE" and "SEA CHANGE". If anyone has not seen these I URGE you to go to blockbuster and rent them.) and his deputy Luther 'Suitcase' Simpson.
Frankly, it would be an interesting meeting with Jesse taking an interest in Jack ("I'm the chief of police-I know everything".) Jack, while on guard, I think would warm up to Stone-kindered spirits.
Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8