Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8   
phoenix rising   12-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Kenji Wrote:Who's undead jim? :confused:
It would be Jim Morrison, since he is dead, I would imagine he would be undead in the scenario mentioned by RichE
RichE   12-09-2007, 03:00 PM
phoenix rising Wrote:It would be Jim Morrison, since he is dead, I would imagine he would be undead in the scenario mentioned by RichE

You guys guessed it!!!
By the way, The Lizard King makes sorta a cameo in the expanded "The Stand" (via Stu Redman's story).
phoenix rising   12-09-2007, 05:56 PM
RichE Wrote:You guys guessed it!!!
By the way, The Lizard King makes sorta a cameo in the expanded "The Stand" (via Stu Redman's story).
Well considering how much I love The doors and admire Jim's drug induced poetry..... it was inevitable that I would cach the "Break on Through to th Other side" referenceBig Grin
XiaoYu   12-12-2007, 04:15 AM
jaybird Wrote:
BK Akitas Wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again- an RJ x Pendergast story would be fantastic.
Oh Hell Yes!!!!! That would be awesome!! I would stand in line in the cold Georgia snow to buy that one. Wait...."Cold Georgia snow???" Now that I think about it, Georgia hasn't had any considerable snow in 10 years. Oh well, I'd stand in the snow anywhere to buy that one.
I second or third or whatever that one! Aloysius and Jack in the same story would be a book I'd stand anywhere to buy. I could easily see Jack having fun trying to loosen up Pendergast, since I think Pendergast would initially strike Jack as stiff, aloof and possibly stuck-up, and I can just as easily see Pendergast quietly enjoying revenge by putting Jack on the spot with his many tricks.

I don't see too many impossibilities in plotting Jack and Pendergast in the same novel. True, one's an FBI agent and the other avoids officialdom at all costs, but plots revolve around character personality differences and disputes to begin with. Maybe someone rats out Jack during a fix-it (like a terrorist plot or international criminal) and Pendergast is put on the case. Maybe Jack's hired to find the same guy Pendergast is, and they end up helping each other instead of facing-off like they'd be expected to. Maybe Pendergast finds himself in the position of needing some underground help. Maybe Jack is forced off the road to avoid hitting someone and accidentally hits Pendergast's car and takes off in an attempt to avoid officialdom, only to find a very special agent of officialdom in pursuit...ok, now it's getting far fetched. But we can dream, can't we?

What about Jack meeting Hannibal Lecter? And I mean the real, red-eyed, quite crazy, small and wiry Lecter of the novels. I think Jack would get creeped out first.

(A bit off topic, but does anyone who reads the Pendergast novels see a little bit of a parallel between his intellect and Lecter's? They're both very calm, calculating, really smart, outwardly cold and somewhat crazy in that they do things with their emotions in their heads. Of course they're also very different, but I kind of like a little similarity between them.)
This post was last modified: 12-12-2007, 04:17 AM by XiaoYu.

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
RichE   12-23-2007, 11:18 AM
The most frightful encounter in his career:
A toasted, heavily three sheet to the wind KATHY LEE (bitchin about how Kelly Rippa stole her morning slot with Regis)>
linusvanpelt   12-24-2007, 03:46 AM
Has anyone ever considered a Time Traveling Jack?? Just a thought. You have to admit it has its posssibilities.

Linus
XiaoYu   12-25-2007, 11:45 PM
linusvanpelt Wrote:Has anyone ever considered a Time Traveling Jack?? Just a thought. You have to admit it has its posssibilities.
Adult Jack meets Young Jack...

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
law dawg   05-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Had to resurrect this thread:

I was reading the latest Lee Child Reacher novel and thought about him and RJ together. Then I thought about John Rain and RJ together, and, seeing as how FPW and Barry Eisler tore it up at the latest Romantic Times convention, then a possible RJ and John Rain collaboration seems much closer. They (Eisler and FPW, that is) both can be plied with drink, I know from experience. Smile

I'd love to see it, myself.

Someone mentioned Jesse Stone earlier. I'd also add Spencer, also from Robert Parker.

Finally, how about Harry Dresden (wizard) from Jim Butcher and Joe Pitt (the vampire) from Charlie Huston? They're all supernatural thrill seekers.
This post was last modified: 05-01-2008, 02:53 PM by law dawg.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Schwinn160   05-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Quote:Harry Dresden (wizard) from Jim Butcher

My chest hitched a bit when I read that. Smile I'm reading White Night right now, and I love the Dresden stories!!!

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write something worth reading or do things worth the writing."
Benjamin Franklin

I'm the original me©. Big Grin
law dawg   05-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Schwinn160 Wrote:My chest hitched a bit when I read that. Smile I'm reading White Night right now, and I love the Dresden stories!!!

You know the latest one (Small Favor) came out last month? Awesome. Smile

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8