RichE   10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
We all go through the phase (and some still do!) of trying to get all our favorite films on various formats and of course never having the time to watch them. Here's my fix to view.

"CALTIKI THE IMMORTAL MONSTER" import disc ws. Trailers, scene selection and others. The audio in Italian or English. Love this bit of shlock from across the pond!

"HERCULES" import ws. Feature only but stunning transfer. Steve Reeves is the one and only HERCULES!!

"DOCTOR TERRORS HOUSE OF HORRORS" import ws. Great transfer (except at the end where a ws vhs credit scene was inserted). Audio commentary includ.
Kenji   10-07-2007, 10:47 PM
VHS:The Last Starfighter--This is not available on DVD yet in Japan. So I felt very lucky when I found used VHS. I like this movie since I saw it in a theatre. Smile

LaseDisc:Warlock--This is also not available on DVD yet in Japan. This is B-horror movie, but I like this. Julian Sands played Warlock. He's cruel but cool.

Little Boy: You tellin' me you're a witch? You ain't no witch! Witches are girls!
Warlock: Some are men.

Big Grin

DVD:The Lord of the Rings (trilogy)--They're best trilogy so far in my life.
RichE   10-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Two great movies!
I have the vhs of "NIGHT OF THE SORCERERS, MURDERROCK, NOSFERATU IN VENICE, SPIDER LABRYNITH just to name a few (Thankyou Mitsuru Ogawa wherever you are!) all on Japanese vhs. Also picked up years ago "LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE", "FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL"-uncut on laserdisc/Japan.
RichE   10-09-2007, 01:10 PM
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN with Kirk Douglas-great WS transfer!
RichE   10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Another great, fully restored Drive-In classic "THE WITCHMAKER" from Bill Knight and Midnight Video. Great film!
fpw   10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
[SIZE="3"]My favorite Laserdisc is not a movie. It's That Was Rock 'n' Roll, a compilation of "The T.A.M.I. Show" and "The TNT Show." The very young looking Stones and James Brown steal the show, but the Ronettes are dy-no-mite too.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
RichE   10-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey Paul! Don't forget YASSAR'S FARM and that 'little event' in 1969 that was finally expanded to LD and DVD.... (I was 30 miles from there at the time).
RichE   10-12-2007, 12:34 PM
The original KING KONG with the recreated Spider-pit scene.