Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8   
Mike Hanson   09-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I "love" the new look of the site!

Slick, modern, and very stylish.

The co-Queens outdid themselves!

Mike Smile
Susan   09-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Pleiades Wrote:Every morning, every morning, I grind the coffee beans. I have 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 1 cup water. Microwave for 2 minutes. 11 seconds before it's done, I start the coffee maker. I add 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/4 cup of raisins to the oatmeal. When I'm done eating the oatmeal, the coffee's ready. EVERY MORNING. Then, when I'm away, Barbara goes shopping alone and buys Raisin Bran (Kellogg's, it was on sale) freakin' Raisin Bran! Has the world gone insane! Must everything change? In a cold sweat, I go to the RJ site: it'll always be there, always be the same. I'll be OK, yes OK. AAARGGHHHHH!!! It's changed! I stuff a box of Raisin Bran into the CD-ROM. Still not what I'm used to! It's all different and scarry. I look in the mirror. I'm sure that I look a bit fuzzy around the edges.

Change is good. Yes, that's it: change good. I'll be OK. You'll see. No, really. I like it. Change good.

LOL!

I guess Paul should have prescribed a Valium for each forum member before showing them the new site. Wink

Mike Hanson Wrote:I "love" the new look of the site!

Slick, modern, and very stylish.

The co-Queens outdid themselves!

Mike

Gosh, golly, thanks.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Susan   09-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Pleiades Wrote:The site does look snazzy! A nice job and lots of work. Thanks for your efforts.

The description of All The Rage is the same as that for The Tomb. While many authors do publish the same stories again and again with different titles, Paul doesn't do that. You should fix that sometime, unless this is an insider's reference to the famous switched paragraph in Reprisal, in which case... COOL!

We did it on purpose. *Coughs* Yeah, that's the ticket.

Actually, I was copying book descriptions from Barnes and Noble. Feast yer eyes on this B&N All the Rage description!

I'll change it.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Ken Valentine   09-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Susan Wrote:We did it on purpose. *Coughs* Yeah, that's the ticket.

Actually, I was copying book descriptions from Barnes and Noble. Feast yer eyes on this B&N All the Rage description!

I'll change it.

Susan

Looks like somebody at B&N took paragraphs from the reviews of a couple of RJ novels, tossed them into the air, and wrote them up in what-ever order they happened to hit the floor.

What a mess!

Ken V.
linusvanpelt   09-21-2007, 06:19 PM
All I can say is WOW.. You brought the site into the 21st century!!. The colors are great and the content is everything you can ask for. When I first went on I thought I was in the wrong place.Smile
Silverfish   09-22-2007, 07:46 AM
Susan Wrote:...Feast yer eyes on this B&N All the Rage description!

That's the copy I have, but that's not what's inside the book. :eek:

For Ron: "If it doesn't say Kelloggs on the box, it's not Kelloggs in the box."

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Auskar   09-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Nothing personal, but the logo at the top of the forum pages? I know it says "Repairman Jack", but you can't read it. Sometimes when you shrink a large graphic down, it just doesn't recreate so well. Maybe it just needs to be recreated from scratch as a smaller graphic. Or maybe it needs to be a jpeg instead of a gif.

[Image: top-forum.gif]
Susan   09-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Auskar Wrote:Nothing personal, but the logo at the top of the forum pages? I know it says "Repairman Jack", but you can't read it. Sometimes when you shrink a large graphic down, it just doesn't recreate so well. Maybe it just needs to be recreated from scratch as a smaller graphic. Or maybe it needs to be a jpeg instead of a gif.

[Image: top-forum.gif]

Dude, we haven't finished the forum yet. And that includes graphics. Stay tuned and all will be legible with workable links!

Thanks,
Susan

FPW Stores:

Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Looks like somebody at B&N took paragraphs from the reviews of a couple of RJ novels, tossed them into the air, and wrote them up in what-ever order they happened to hit the floor.

What a mess!

Ken V.

Sigh. That style of incompetance is nothing new for the folks at Corporate. There's a book coming out early next year, A FREEWHEELING TIME, by Bob Dylan's old girlfriend Suze Rotolo. She and Bob are walking together on the cover of FREEWHEELIN' BOB DYLAN. And he wrote songs about her, including IT AIN'T ME BABE, BALLAD IN PLAIN D, and the sublime TO RAMONA. Guess where the B&N Bookmaster system tells us the book should be shelved?

Opera.:eek: Rolleyes
Ken Valentine   09-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Sigh. That style of incompetance is nothing new for the folks at Corporate. There's a book coming out early next year, A FREEWHEELING TIME, by Bob Dylan's old girlfriend Suze Rotolo. She and Bob are walking together on the cover of FREEWHEELIN' BOB DYLAN. And he wrote songs about her, including IT AIN'T ME BABE, BALLAD IN PLAIN D, and the sublime TO RAMONA. Guess where the B&N Bookmaster system tells us the book should be shelved?

Opera.:eek: Rolleyes

Which just goes to demonstrate why I never go to Barnes and Noble. Seems that the incompetence goes all the way to the top.

Ken V.
Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8