Pages (13):    1 2 3 4 5 6 13   
NickelobLight   04-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Well, Uwe Boll is certainly the lowest common denominator. I remember video games (Donkey Kong for instance) that had better plots than most of his movies.

So you are expecting that GTA4 will overshadow Iron Man and cut into its box office proceeds?

-Wapitikev

Cut into its box office proceeds? No.

Overshadow Iron Man? Without a doubt. Especially since I heard it's being released for both platforms, (XBox 360 & PS3).

Think about it. The last GTA sold over 20 million copies. At $50 a copy, You're looking at over a billion dollars.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken

Let not thy will roar when thy power can but whisper. -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654-1734), Gnomologia, 1732

[Image: dfb17bf94b00b1e2eb_5.jpg] [Image: s_logo_tampa.gif]
Wapitikev   04-21-2008, 12:34 AM
NickelobLight Wrote:Cut into its box office proceeds? No.

Overshadow Iron Man? Without a doubt. Especially since I heard it's being released for both platforms, (XBox 360 & PS3).

Think about it. The last GTA sold over 20 million copies. At $50 a copy, You're looking at over a billion dollars.

Well. That was hard to think about.

I guess beating up women with low morals and killing LEOs is a growth industry as far as video games go.

No wonder Uwe Boll has fans.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
NickelobLight   04-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Well. That was hard to think about.

I guess beating up women with low morals and killing LEOs is a growth industry as far as video games go.

No wonder Uwe Boll has fans.

-Wapitikev

Uwe Boll has fans?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken

Let not thy will roar when thy power can but whisper. -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654-1734), Gnomologia, 1732

[Image: dfb17bf94b00b1e2eb_5.jpg] [Image: s_logo_tampa.gif]
Wapitikev   04-21-2008, 11:36 PM
NickelobLight Wrote:Uwe Boll has fans?

LMAO!

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Wapitikev   04-23-2008, 08:00 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:There'a a bit of controversy surrounding the Iron Man trailer at the moment . . . looks like Hollywood ruins everything. :mad:

Click the link, tough guy.

Still catching revised (slightly different) TV trailers and they are looking A-list.

I may just break my own rule, break down, and actually go to the theatre next Firday night to see it.

The theatre should be relatively empty since, apparently, everyone else on the planet will be sitting at home playing GTA4.

-Wapitikev

Fenian1916   04-25-2008, 12:35 PM
I'll be sitting at home playing it and Uwe Boll should be banned from ever having anything to do with the entertainment world. He's a world class ass clown.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
jimbow8   04-26-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but did anyone notice that, among the cast of characters in the upcoming The Incredible Hulk movie starring Edward Norton, is listed Robert Downey, Jr, as Tony Stark.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
bones weep tedium   04-27-2008, 01:19 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned but did anyone notice that, among the cast of characters in the upcoming The Incredible Hulk movie starring Edward Norton, is listed Robert Downey, Jr, as Tony Stark.

Link to article

I know! Pretty exciting, huh? I think it's a good idea to do this sort of thing. It happens all the time in comics and it always makes for a really good story.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Wapitikev   04-27-2008, 02:13 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Link to article

I know! Pretty exciting, huh? I think it's a good idea to do this sort of thing. It happens all the time in comics and it always makes for a really good story.

You can expect a TON of this to happen in forthcoming Marvel stuff...for example there is the Nick Fury thing (Samuel L. Jackson) in Iron Man and the Deadpool cameo (with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool) that is scripted in the Wolverine movie.

DC will likely begin doing more and more of it in their movies as JLA gets closer.

As a comic fan, Bones, I'm sure you understand about "building the continuity."

It will be fun (and sometimes funny) to watch.

-Wapitikev

Schwinn160   04-28-2008, 09:18 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned but did anyone notice that, among the cast of characters in the upcoming The Incredible Hulk movie starring Edward Norton, is listed Robert Downey, Jr, as Tony Stark.

We fanboys love that stuff. That's one of the only good things about the final Xmen movie, because of all the characters involved. Smile

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write something worth reading or do things worth the writing."
Benjamin Franklin

I'm the original me©. Big Grin
Pages (13):    1 2 3 4 5 6 13