Pages (13): 1 2 3 4 5 13   
ImDeranged   09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
This post was last modified: 06-10-2011, 11:00 AM by ImDeranged.

"Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no future, no future,
No future for you"

God Save- The Sex Pistols
Keith the Elder   09-10-2007, 05:44 PM
ImDeranged Wrote:You ever see a trailer to a movie and just know they got it right?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

Wow. Robert Downey Jr. as a billionaire playboy w/ a drinking problem. He's always been one of my favorite actors, but somehow I think he'll pull this one off.

Oh, yeah!

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
ImDeranged Wrote:You ever see a trailer to a movie and just know they got it right?

Wow. Robert Downey Jr. as a billionaire playboy w/ a drinking problem. He's always been one of my favorite actors, but somehow I think he'll pull this one off.

Well now, ImDeranged, Ahm an ol' tahmer, raght? I did buy the 1st IRON MAN when it came out...what was it, '62? But I think some of the best Tony Stark stories were in THE AVENGERS. Thinking specifically about the great 3-book yarn 'bout Count Nefaria. "Next to Thor, I consider you the most dangerous, Iron Man. Therefore, you die first." Ever read it? A classic!
Dave F   09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
oh yeah

aaaaaawesome

I particularly love the use of Black Sabbath - I was hoping they would work that into the movie

Can't wait to take my son to this one

The artist formally known as Britfan
phoenix rising   09-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Shweeeet!!!!
Miskatonic & Gin   09-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well now, ImDeranged, Ahm an ol' tahmer, raght? I did buy the 1st IRON MAN when it came out...what was it, '62? But I think some of the best Tony Stark stories were in THE AVENGERS. Thinking specifically about the great 3-book yarn 'bout Count Nefaria. "Next to Thor, I consider you the most dangerous, Iron Man. Therefore, you die first." Ever read it? A classic!

I'm soooo with you Mike. The Nefaria Saga is arguably the greatest Avengers arc ever. However, The Korvac Saga, which began a few issues later is a front runner as well. I still read the Nefaria Saga about once a year. Superbly illustrated by John Byrne too! Hope you still have yours or I'll have to send you my beater copies.

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
Kenji   09-11-2007, 09:40 AM

I saw the trailer. But I won't go to a theatre. I'll wait for rental DVD.
Tony H   09-12-2007, 07:33 PM
<GASP!> Anyone have a wet-nap?

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Mike Hanson   09-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Bronze Man

Copper Man

Steel Man

Aluminum Man

Titanium Man

Nickel Man

Zinc Man

Tin Man (come on, let's, ease on down ease on down the roooooooad)
Auskar   09-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Except for the first story (Tales of Suspense #39), Iron Man's armor isn't actually made of iron.

There has already been a Titanium Man, by the way. Of course, Marvel has had many villains and sometimes heroes that wear armor of one kind or another: Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Dr. Doom, Guardsman, Machinesmith, Ultron, Iron Monger, Rhino, Gladiator, Ultimo, Juggernaut, War Machine, and Colossus.

Note that I said, "armor of one kind or another."

That doesn't even include DC Comics, anime, science fiction novels, video games, etc.....
Pages (13): 1 2 3 4 5 13