Wapitikev   05-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Opening scene--
The Hulk at a chessboard...
"How can Hulk checkmate =himself=? Hulk SMASH!"
Roll opening credits...

Confusedmilewinkgrin:

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Confusedmilewinkgrin:

-Wapitikev

Thank you, Wapitikev. I thought that opening might give the writers of obscure French philosophical magazines something to think about. God forbid they should see a fun flick for its own sake!
Wapitikev   05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Thank you, Wapitikev. I thought that opening might give the writers of obscure French philosophical magazines something to think about. God forbid they should see a fun flick for its own sake!

Mike: Captain America, you-likey or you no-likey?

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Mike: Captain America, you-likey or you no-likey?

-Wapitikev

"Uhhh...still groggy...just slow you down... Wonder Man...take my shield...you'll need it...protection against Nefaria's laser beams..."

"Your shield, Cap? It-it's an honor I don't feel I deserve...ah... AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"

One of my favorite books of all time is a Cap story: IT HAPPENED AT DIEBENWALD. Know that one, Wap? (Please say no, to give me a chance to describe it!Wink)
Wapitikev   05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:"Uhhh...still groggy...just slow you down... Wonder Man...take my shield...you'll need it...protection against Nefaria's laser beams..."

"Your shield, Cap? It-it's an honor I don't feel I deserve...ah... AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"

One of my favorite books of all time is a Cap story: IT HAPPENED AT DIEBENWALD. Know that one, Wap? (Please say no, to give me a chance to describe it!Wink)

As posted elswhere, Captain America was not one of the titles I collected many issues of, back in the day (only the John Byrne ones).

So, no...I don't know that one.

Regale us, mortal!

-Wapitikev

jimbow8   05-19-2008, 07:45 PM
If you want someone with more muscle for Cap, how bout that John Cena guy? Did anyone see that movie he was in? Can he act his way out of a wet paper bag?

I was under the impression that the Hulk movie with Norton was NOT a sequel.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Wapitikev   05-19-2008, 11:12 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:If you want someone with more muscle for Cap, how bout that John Cena guy? Did anyone see that movie he was in? Can he act his way out of a wet paper bag?

I was under the impression that the Hulk movie with Norton was NOT a sequel.

It has to be a sequel...why is Banner hiding out in South America if he hasn't become the Hulk yet?

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev   05-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:It has to be a sequel...why is Banner hiding out in South America if he hasn't become the Hulk yet?

-Wapitikev

Apparently they are going to selectively sample from the first movie for this new one.

So, while it's not a sequel, it's not the story of how he first becomes the Hulk either.

Plus, if memory serves, Banner's front door, in the trailer, is the same one as his house in the first movie.

So, given that overwhelming evidence, I will call it a sequel, but in the hopes that everyone who disliked the first one will decide to go and see this one, Marvel is calling it "NOT a sequel".

...the un-sequel, if you will.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:It has to be a sequel...why is Banner hiding out in South America if he hasn't become the Hulk yet?

-Wapitikev

Well, everybody gotta be =someplace=, right?:confused:
Wapitikev   05-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, everybody gotta be =someplace=, right?:confused:

Mike, don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

-Wapitikev

Pages (13):    1 9 10 11 12 13