Pages (13):    1 8 9 10 11 12 13   
Wapitikev   05-18-2008, 02:25 PM
mad4tunes Wrote:Don't laugh...I think Matt Damon would make a good Cap.

My daughter had me rolling...she suggested Howie Long!

When I typed that question to you, he was the EXACT person that I was thinking of...but I went and had a look at his chin (which would stick out of the mask) and his age (which is a little old for the Captain America timeline) and have discarded him in favour of Josh Hartnet.

What do you think?

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Wapitikev   05-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I'm torn; on the one hand, I thought Downey Jr. was great and the effects were top notch, but I didn't care much for the villians and it had several scenes I thought unsuitable for children(and come on, who do they think are going to see these movies). I'm not much of a fan of either Bridges or Paltrow and neither did much to alter my opinion. Ultimately, I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it, but it is decent.

I should also mention that Iron Man was never a favorite of mine.

NOT a fan of the DUDE?!

BLASPHEMER!

Seriously though, As I stated before, it is not Batman Begins good but I would say that it is Superman Returns good.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Scott Miller   05-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:NOT a fan of the DUDE?!

BLASPHEMER!

I put off seeing it for years because I kind of knew I wouldn't like it(despite everyone telling me how much I would) and I was right. It had its moments but it was merely there for me, John Turturro was by far my favorite character from it.

Wapitikev Wrote:Seriously though, As I stated before, it is not Batman Begins good but I would say that it is Superman Returns good.

-Wapitikev

Oh it was much better than Superman Returns IMO. As far as the superhero movies go, I'd say the first two Spidey movies, the first two X-Men and the aforementioned Batman Begins are the best and I would place Iron Man just behind them.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
bones weep tedium   05-19-2008, 04:57 AM
I didnt think much of Superman Returns at all.

I thought that Batman Begins was good apart from the neck on the Batsuit.

I heard that Iron Man was either a standard superhero movie with a couple of good touches, or a decent movie with some stooopid superhero elements. Either way, reports are conclusively inconclusive.

Seems to be a 5/10 job (wait for DVD). Sad

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
mad4tunes   05-19-2008, 01:19 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I didnt think much of Superman Returns at all.

I thought that Batman Begins was good apart from the neck on the Batsuit.

I heard that Iron Man was either a standard superhero movie with a couple of good touches, or a decent movie with some stooopid superhero elements. Either way, reports are conclusively inconclusive.

Seems to be a 5/10 job (wait for DVD). Sad

I do see where they're doing another Incredible Hulk movie...what is up with that? Are they going to just keep on trying until they get it right? I'll be honest...I thought the TV show did it better than ANY of the movies I've seen. Especially with little or no special effects.

I thoroughly enjoyed Iron Man.

Hey, I like the idea of Josh Hartnett as Captain America...I'd expect someone with a little more muscle, though.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Wapitikev   05-19-2008, 01:41 PM
mad4tunes Wrote:I do see where they're doing another Incredible Hulk movie...what is up with that? Are they going to just keep on trying until they get it right? I'll be honest...I thought the TV show did it better than ANY of the movies I've seen. Especially with little or no special effects.

I thoroughly enjoyed Iron Man.

Hey, I like the idea of Josh Hartnett as Captain America...I'd expect someone with a little more muscle, though.

He has a really square jaw. It would look just like the big square jaw from the comic books, sticking out of the mask.

Plus, he's young and can easily bulk-up...plus they can pad the muscles in the suit (remember those terrible fake muscles that they had for the Flash suit on the TV series? The ones they added to the bat-suit in the first few movies were much better).

In addition, if Steve Rogers ever needs to appear topless, they can do a 300-type CGI effect on him to make Josh look suitably ripped for a few seconds.

That should make the ladies happy.

-Wapitikev

mad4tunes   05-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:He has a really square jaw. It would look just like the big square jaw from the comic books, sticking out of the mask.

Plus, he's young and can easily bulk-up...plus they can pad the muscles in the suit (remember those terrible fake muscles that they had for the Flash suit on the TV series? The ones they added to the bat-suit in the first few movies were much better).

In addition, if Steve Rogers ever needs to appear topless, they can do a 300-type CGI effect on him to make Josh look suitably ripped for a few seconds.

That should make the ladies happy.

-Wapitikev

Confusedmilewinkgrin:

Most of the ladies who might go see the Captain America movie would probably get me thrown in jail for looking at them twice...but yeah, I can see Hartnett as Cap.

Of course, they'll probably come up with someone nobody's ever heard of, who will knock our socks off...

It's like the JLA movie they're working on...lots of discussion over who'll play who.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Wapitikev   05-19-2008, 01:58 PM
mad4tunes Wrote:Confusedmilewinkgrin:

Most of the ladies who might go see the Captain America movie would probably get me thrown in jail for looking at them twice...but yeah, I can see Hartnett as Cap.

Of course, they'll probably come up with someone nobody's ever heard of, who will knock our socks off...

It's like the JLA movie they're working on...lots of discussion over who'll play who.

I haven't kept up with the hype about that one.

Have they decided whether or not Bale will play Batman and Routh will play Superman yet?

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev   05-19-2008, 02:47 PM
mad4tunes Wrote:I do see where they're doing another Incredible Hulk movie...what is up with that? Are they going to just keep on trying until they get it right? I'll be honest...I thought the TV show did it better than ANY of the movies I've seen. Especially with little or no special effects.

Apparently, Marvel wanted to make a sequel portraying Hulk as more of a hero and less of a mindless monster (more "Hulk Smash![the bad guy]" than [hulk grunts and smashes something]) . Plus, soon after the Hulk was made, Edward Norton was many fans choice as Banner in any future Hulk movie. So Norton got together with Marvel, helped write the movie and agreed to star in it.

So Marvel gets their sequel (in preparation for Avengers) and the fans get their Ed Norton fix.

And that, as they say, is that.

Personally, I was always a fan of the big green galoot, so I hope that this one does better than the last one.

-Wapitikev

Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Apparently, Marvel wanted to make a sequel portraying Hulk as more of a hero and less of a mindless monster (more "Hulk Smash![the bad guy]" than [hulk grunts and smashes something]) . Plus, soon after the Hulk was made, Edward Norton was many fans choice as Banner in any future Hulk movie. So Norton got together with Marvel, helped write the movie and agreed to star in it.

So Marvel gets their sequel (in preparation for Avengers) and the fans get their Ed Norton fix.

And that, as they say, is that.

Personally, I was always a fan of the big green galoot, so I hope that this one does better than the last one.

-Wapitikev

Opening scene--
The Hulk at a chessboard...
"How can Hulk checkmate =himself=? Hulk SMASH!"
Roll opening credits...
Pages (13):    1 8 9 10 11 12 13